Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:43 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

In a heirarchical system the rule is to look at least one level up from the problem. A bad manager in pharma would be enabled by the director above.

In Jon's case you would have to look toward the folks that elected him to address any perceived problem. The problem does not necessarily lie with Jon.

Would like to see a new book titled, "Elections for Dummies".

Look at national and state examples of other long term career slugs that cause you to wonder in amazement about their political longevity. Frighteneing thought who keeps them coming back. Pogo once said, "we met the enemy and he is us".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 01:52 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Lonegan is a wacko? I disagree with that.

I would prefer Lonegan over Christie. He would definitly do more towards ending excessive taxes, and illegal immigration which i think are the two biggest issues in NJ. Plus i like that Lonegan will actually do something about the overly strict gun laws. I wouldnt mind Christie either tho.

Corzine needs to go. He has been a disaster
I think this is kind of wacky.

Mayor decries Spanish billboard Summary (http://www.bookrags.com/highbeam/mayor-decries-spanish-billboard-20060707-hb/ - broken link)

Old 05-10-2009, 04:26 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Given the vast power the public worker's unions and urban areas have over the entire state, I think we'll be seeing Corzine in the Governor's seat.

We'll also remain #1 on citizen's tax burden, #49 on business friendly, being an outflow state.......

Old 05-10-2009, 04:31 PM

323 posts, read 575,461 times
i recently recieved a political call and was asked if i would participate

they asked how i felt about republican gov. i said as long as they dont waste my money im all for them

the caller proceeded to bash the current gov. about what he hasnt done
when the caller was finished i asked if she could answer a question for me ,she agreed

i asked if the republican gov. that might get elected ,would he roll back the toll hikes and other negatives that the current gov. did

her reply was we will go line by line and look at everything

i said to her ,in other words you wont be rolling back the toll hikes ,which means you yourself know it was necessary ,tyvm have a great nite ,she abfruptly said the same and we ended our conversation

more bs as usual

Old 05-10-2009, 05:10 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
there's still a strong movement to draft Dick Codey.

the Dem primary is going to be very interesting...

Old 05-10-2009, 05:11 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinman63 View Post
i recently recieved a political call and was asked if i would participate

they asked how i felt about republican gov. i said as long as they dont waste my money im all for them

the caller proceeded to bash the current gov. about what he hasnt done
when the caller was finished i asked if she could answer a question for me ,she agreed

i asked if the republican gov. that might get elected ,would he roll back the toll hikes and other negatives that the current gov. did

her reply was we will go line by line and look at everything

i said to her ,in other words you wont be rolling back the toll hikes ,which means you yourself know it was necessary ,tyvm have a great nite ,she abfruptly said the same and we ended our conversation

more bs as usual
do you really think you outsmarted her? These people are volunteers. They have no more info then you or me....

Old 05-10-2009, 07:58 PM

199 posts, read 526,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
do you really think you outsmarted her? These people are volunteers. They have no more info then you or me....
LMAO, I know. She can't start making decisions on his behalf. Christie has promised lowering taxes across the board, and considering that if he won, it would be mainly because of that promise, it would be pretty stupid of him not to follow through, and wouldn't bode well for his re-election campaign in 4 years. He'll lower taxes to the best of his ability.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJphillyfan View Post
LMAO, I know. She can't start making decisions on his behalf. Christie has promised lowering taxes across the board, and considering that if he won, it would be mainly because of that promise, it would be pretty stupid of him not to follow through, and wouldn't bode well for his re-election campaign in 4 years. He'll lower taxes to the best of his ability.
But will he go the extra mile? What is killing us is Abbott. That's the reason we pay 90% of our town's school bill in cash each year with little to no state aid unlike every other state union which helps fund local districts to take the burden off the taxpayers directly. In our state, that can't happen, as all of the state's money is going to 31 towns. Until someone stands up to Abbott and somehow gets us out of that debacle, there is absolutely nothing we can concretely do to reduce property taxes. Abbott and, to a lesser extent, COAH is what makes this state so unfriendly to residents' wallets.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJphillyfan View Post
I read his 53 points and didn't see ONE thing about lowering property taxes...maybe you can enlighten us.

As for the bolded - setting the stage for failure already, LOL.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:35 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjd View Post
I don't like the man, but Corzine will pull it out. With his money, the vast amounts of apathetic residents and psycho liberals, plus his friends at ACORN, he will manage to pull it out over Christie. But, the governor is just a man, not God, and it's the people that really have to change their ways for NJ to get back on track. The people are the ones that have to stand up, demand changes, and take some responsibility for sitting back and letting NJ get to this point. Even if Christie pulls it out and he somehow turns things around, you know people have a short memory and in a couple years will be ready to vote the next Corzine into office.

What bothers me most about Corzine isn't his stupidity, it's the way he's so two-faced and lies right to everyone without a care in the world. Ever see the man do an interview? He talks about fiscal responsibility, making tough choices in regards to eliminating costly social programs, battling the unions, lowering property taxes and business taxes, etc. You'd think Milton Friedman was the governor. Then look at his actions. The man is scum.

why would inner city and low income people vote for someone who clearly doesn't have their best interests at heart? i wouldn't call someone who votes for who they think will serve them best, "whackos".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey