Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

yes, the iraq mess is thousands of miles away. it was a lot of wasted money and wasted lives but we can cut it off and move forward if we chose to. we can cry about the past forever but im talking about moving forward. social programs like the medicare drug benefit arent so easy to make disappear. once you give people something its very hard to take it away.

if some americans civil rights were violated then that is a shame. however, it is the past and im sure most of them were terrorists.

i hate obama, i hated bush. hell, i pretty much hate all politicians (except ron paul).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 08:15 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yes, the iraq mess is thousands of miles away. it was a lot of wasted money and wasted lives but we can cut it off and move forward if we chose to.
Taxpayer dollars are going to keep flowing in there for quite some time. We still have almost 30,000 troops in Korea, which is about the same number as we'll have in Iraq after the planned withdrawal.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Taxpayer dollars are going to keep flowing in there for quite some time. We still have almost 30,000 troops in Korea, which is about the same number as we'll have in Iraq after the planned withdrawal.
yes, it will. it shouldnt though and there is no reason to continue to waste money and lives there.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,522 times
We botched the job, we should stay to make it right.

You don't go in saynig you are going to do rennovations on someone's place, rip out all the walls, put in a sink and leave. Not if you want a reputation that other people can respect, that is.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
We botched the job, we should stay to make it right.

You don't go in saynig you are going to do rennovations on someone's place, rip out all the walls, put in a sink and leave. Not if you want a reputation that other people can respect, that is.
we didnt botch the job. its an impossible job to perform. its a no win situation. you can not take a bunch of animals and create a peaceful democracy just because you want to. we should cut our losses and leave.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we didnt botch the job. its an impossible job to perform.
That's botching the job.

Study construction. You do not promise to make abuilding float if you know you can't. If you do, you are held responsible for promising what you could not deliver.

That is "botched".

Quote:
its a no win situation. you can not take a bunch of animals and create a peaceful democracy just because you want to.
Animals? The Iraqui citizenry were animals? You have a VERY low opinion of people you do not understand, don't you.

This is not the first ignorant racist generalization I have heard from you either.

BTW, Animals do not have wars. That is entirely Human. You are even insulting the animal kingdom with your comments.

Quote:
we should cut our losses and leave.
I agree we sould leave, but "cut our losses" is not the motivation to do so.

We do not have to rebuild Iraq, but we can't afford to have such a large destabalized rejoin when we are still so dependent on oil.

Maybe if we had spent the money on alternate fuel/energy research and development we would not have cared what Saddam was doing over there on any more than a humanitarian level.

Which, we can see, we donate very little to, comparitavely, in terms of manpower and resources.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:09 AM

23 posts, read 65,120 times
suv's, large T.v's, I-pods,I phones,p.c's, cable,internet, 300 channels,X-box,playstations 1,2,and 3, laptops, digital camera's, van halen playing at a 13 year olds birthday party,eating out 4 days a week, every kid gets braces, central air is a must now ! stainless steel refrigerators with Granite counter tops, spending 10 grand to go see a mouse in florida, spending 900 bucks to see miley cirus and another 900 for the jonas brothers, ....The list goes on and it's all the things I did not have growing up !! we played with 2 cups and a string and played pin the tail on the donkey in my den for all birthdays!!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:13 AM

23 posts, read 65,120 times
American Greed!!! bottom line !

Old 05-21-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
That's botching the job.

Study construction. You do not promise to make abuilding float if you know you can't. If you do, you are held responsible for promising what you could not deliver.

That is "botched".

Animals? The Iraqui citizenry were animals? You have a VERY low opinion of people you do not understand, don't you.

This is not the first ignorant racist generalization I have heard from you either.

BTW, Animals do not have wars. That is entirely Human. You are even insulting the animal kingdom with your comments.

I agree we sould leave, but "cut our losses" is not the motivation to do so.

We do not have to rebuild Iraq, but we can't afford to have such a large destabalized rejoin when we are still so dependent on oil.

Maybe if we had spent the money on alternate fuel/energy research and development we would not have cared what Saddam was doing over there on any more than a humanitarian level.

Which, we can see, we donate very little to, comparitavely, in terms of manpower and resources.
did we promise anything? i didnt promise anything and its my money being wasted. i dont think its the same relationship as i have with a builder that i hired.

yes, they are animals. it is not in them to live in a peaceful democracy. we are being overly egotistical thinking we can change them.

we would spend the money on alternative fuels (nuclear power) if corrupt politicians werent being paid off by the oil lobbyists and the other alternative fuel lobbyists. private investment would do it, not stolen taxpayer money.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:41 AM

14 posts, read 80,495 times
Say goodbye to the middle class...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey