U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM

78 posts, read 77,387 times

Advertisements

Just to throw another bone in the ring, I want to point out that I am not calling for 50% depreciation. I am, however, challenging the idea that Philly is undervalued, and hoping to have a strong counter-challenge so that I might understand the logic in calling it so, even if I don't agree with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,063,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn31 View Post
funny how Mr. Bednar's blog has now become a factual (sic) reference point in any discussion of R.E. in NJ... it's like asking a plumber for advice on your electrical wiring

Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 PM

1,313 posts, read 2,205,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfwnj View Post
Just to throw another bone in the ring, I want to point out that I am not calling for 50% depreciation. I am, however, challenging the idea that Philly is undervalued, and hoping to have a strong counter-challenge so that I might understand the logic in calling it so, even if I don't agree with it.
I think Philly as a whole has been cheaper to live than most major cities. So it has never raised to the likes of NYC or SF or Boston. I wouldn't suggest it is undervalued though...

Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 PM

1,985 posts, read 4,816,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
You are posting other peoples research and saying "look I am right" and when asked to explain yourself you deflect and call them trolls.

I agree this area is on fairly solid ground (SJ area) overall but it is still due for a correction. I am not one thinking/claiming 50% off peak. But 20-30% is probably realistic and being already off peak by 15% I think another 5-10% is realistic over the next year or two.

You can CLAIM you house has appreciated but that is all smoke and mirrors until you sell it at that new assumed value. You also put an addition on I recall so that skews your listing a little.

And being in a NJ forum you have to realize North Jersey posters are also in here so that comes with the terriority.
Sorry, you just don't know what you are talking about with respect to SJ. You're not from the area. SJ has corrected substantially much more than prior cycles. I posted the link to the data as recent as 1Q 09. If that doesn't provide some insight for you, nothing will.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:32 PM

1,578 posts, read 3,707,194 times
Fort Myers.. a 50% drop... sheesh.

And we think we have it bad.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM

1,313 posts, read 2,205,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Sorry, you just don't know what you are talking about with respect to SJ. You're not from the area. SJ has corrected substantially much more than prior cycles. I posted the link to the data as recent as 1Q 09. If that doesn't provide some insight for you, nothing will.
Excuse me? I am from the area. My family has been here for generations. Just because I disagree with your assesment I don't know what I am talking about? What did I say that was so incorrect?

Did JG183 log into Moorestown's account? Cause you two are both whackados who are in such denial when it comes to real estate.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:48 PM

17,606 posts, read 14,176,711 times
Quote:
Did JG183 log into Moorestown's account? Cause you two are both whackados who are in such denial when it comes to real estate.
a couple of people i talk to dont want to agree with my opinions on the future of the real estate market. the realtor i have selling my apartment, and the realtor who is always contacting me about buying a house.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:52 PM

588 posts, read 1,290,040 times
philly metro is fairly valued, nyc/nnj are not. Next topic....

Old 05-13-2009, 03:53 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,063,285 times
Quote:
you two are both whackados who are in such denial when it comes to real estate.
so anyone who disagrees with you super-bears is a "whackado"

...of course

PS: M-R has been here far longer than me

Old 05-13-2009, 04:34 PM

1,985 posts, read 4,816,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
so anyone who disagrees with you super-bears is a "whackado"

...of course

PS: M-R has been here far longer than me
I am no longer perpetuating R/E discussion. I post the facts from The Wharton School I am asked to explain them. I'm a wacko because a prof at PENN agrees with me. I've learned never get involved in circular discussions with the less-learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey