Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:03 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
If you knew the history of this country you would understand that there have always been multi-racial people. They have been generally classified as Black/African by our government if they are any percent African and by society as a whole as well. The idea that you find that disturbing does not change the fact of its reality or the way it impacts lives today. You mock this and make comments like "white owners fun" like it's a joke. It may just be an experiment but it has nothing to do with bloodlines and inter-race marriages at all. That really convolutes this debate in the sense that is has nothing at all to do with this discussion.
Exactly....I was wondering where that came from anyway.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter8319 View Post
this whole black experience stuff has played out in detroit. go ahead and look at what you get. i no longer live in the metro detroit area, but i do recall hearing the commercials stressing that the business was black owned and to shop there because it was black owned. soesn't seem to have helped detroit much.
Detroit has a bunch of other problems that have contributed to it's demise and that is far from one of them. Let's say a history of dependence on mainly one industry, a history of riots(racial and otherwise) and economic/White flight are among others.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman808 View Post
Wow I find it funny that people would get upset because someone won't buy from another race. I personally could care less. Wether you agree with the person decision or not it is their decision to make.

I find it funny that anyone would make this decision though. I am all for buying American and I am even for becoming an isolationist country. However within my country I will do business with whomever is making me money. I really do try to buy American but it's incredibly hard to do anymore.
Sad, but true about your last sentence.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
wow - not sure what this has to do with NJ....

go away for a few days and people can't contain themselves.

closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: