Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 PM

249 posts, read 882,812 times

Advertisements

Does anyone take the 164 NJ Transit bus to New York...If so do you have information on this bus line.Does it run on time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 03:10 PM

169 posts, read 703,075 times
NJ Transit timetables are updated pretty often, and they take into account actual arrival times in NY Port Authority. You can't predict the issues that happen during the AM rush hour on a bus but for the most part it's pretty accurate.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:21 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC49 View Post
Does anyone take the 164 NJ Transit bus to New York...If so do you have information on this bus line.Does it run on time?
I used to take it from Ridgewood. It usually runs on time. The earlier you go in the morning the better. You can check the schedule on the nj transit website. The worst part for me was figuring out the gate at the Penn Station. It's the most confusing gate I've ever seen. They have 4 buses departing from the same gate. It's really confusing and it gets really crowded at night. Avoid evening rush hour if you can.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 PM

Default 164 Bus

My bus now from west new york has about five busses leaving from the same gate.It can be very interesting.The worst thing is that sometimes you misss your bus because people on Blvd east can take any bus.Does this happen with the 164 or just different lines for all busses.
Thanks

Old 05-18-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
I used to take it from Ridgewood. It usually runs on time. The earlier you go in the morning the better. You can check the schedule on the nj transit website. The worst part for me was figuring out the gate at the Penn Station. It's the most confusing gate I've ever seen. They have 4 buses departing from the same gate. It's really confusing and it gets really crowded at night. Avoid evening rush hour if you can.
Is there one line for each bus or one line for all busses at the gate.The one I take now is for blvd east and people can take any bus if they live on Blvd east.Because of this you can miss your bus if you need a certain bus.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC49 View Post
Is there one line for each bus or one line for all busses at the gate.The one I take now is for blvd east and people can take any bus if they live on Blvd east.Because of this you can miss your bus if you need a certain bus.
If I remember correctly, the four buses are: 175, 163, 164 & 164T(??), which is the same route as 164 but it goes express. I think the 175 & 164T have the same line. And 164 & 163 have separate lines. I am not too sure - it's been a few years since I've taken it. Your best bet is to go to the gate during rush hour and check it out. I remember it took me about a week to figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey