Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:08 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,273,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post
big rant snipped
Hey block, maybe it's time to think about moving out of downtown Newark ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 AM

4,177 posts, read 5,055,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sori View Post
I happen to be serving your country, in Iraq, I am in the armed forces. I happen to work with alot of minorities who are fighting for your country, a country in which they were not even born in.
so if it's not our country, why are you fighting for it ?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 AM

4 posts, read 5,628 times
Block 911 acts like he/she owns the world b/c he/she pays taxes so since he/she owns the world I guess that would make it his/her country and not ours. I am fighting for "our" country for our future.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 5,628 times
I have better things to do, you losers have fun!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:09 AM

538 posts, read 2,457,210 times
I heard on NJ 101.5 that it now costs $31k per student to educate them in Camden city schools. And guess who gets stuck with that bill- all the "wealthy" people out here in Hunterdon, Morris, and Sussex counties (among others) who already have the highest taxes in the nation. Same people who election after election vote Republican, so the democrats stick it to them. No wonder every other house here is for sale. You pay to educate your kids, and you pay to educate the kids of the lowlife's in Camden, Newark, etc.

Make it so that people pay $10k a year in taxes for a tiny 2 bedroom house, people who use no taxable services other than their local education system (crime rate in NJ western counties is unbelievably low, hardly need police), and see how long it takes before NJ becomes a steaming cesspool of lowlifes living off the government. Oh wait, thats already happening....

Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
hmmmm I do believe that I agree with these statements.
The irony is that block911 previously claims he drives a lexus, and lives in downtown Newark! (maybe if he moved somewhere else, his perspective would change. If you want to see people acting like obnoxious bums, Newark is the place to go!)

Quote:
It does make one wonder, how do "some people" get away with these things?
What are they "getting away" with ? "Kramer" (Michael Richards) didn't use the "N-word" once. According to news reports, he used the word 6 times, and went on an angry tirade that resulted in most patrons leaving the comedy club. It wasn't merely a slip or the tongue that the PC crowd twisted out of context. It was a very ugly incident.

Very few take Sharpton seriously (I read somewhere he has a 50% approval among blacks.). There's no "getting away with" -- it's just that he's low enough that there's nowhere left to fall.

Quote:
I am not saying everyone behaves in this manner, but statistically speaking, do the numbers lean in that direction?
Lots of numbers lean in lots of directions. But trying to figure out which group of people we should direct our hatred towards isn't much of a way to solve serious problems of poverty, crime, etc.

And stereotyping people has the unfortunate consequence of apportioning blame to those who have nothing to do with these problems.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM

11,336 posts, read 16,689,377 times
NJ is one giant black hole that keeps on sucking every life form out of existance.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish Head View Post
I heard on NJ 101.5 that it now costs $31k per student to educate them in Camden city schools. And guess who gets stuck with that bill- all the "wealthy" people out here in Hunterdon, Morris, and Sussex counties (among others) who already have the highest taxes in the nation. Same people who election after election vote Republican, so the democrats stick it to them.
It's an inevitable consequence of people being generous with someone else's money. They don't have a vested interest in keeping costs down because they are spending someone else's money. If anything, they have a vested interest in keeping costs high, to appease interests who are recipients of that spending.

They don't really have a vested interest in providing better services, because the providers of those services have more political clout than the would-be recipients.

Even if they did provide better services, the would-be recipients of those services didn't do anything to pay for or earn access to those services, so they have every reason to take them for granted and little motivation to make the most of what they have.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:07 PM

835 posts, read 1,179,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
block911, if you question the racist ideology of liberals and their pets you will be called a racist. thats how the prevent others from questioning what they do.

how much of your tax money goes to anything that has any value to you? practically none. it is taken away from you are redistributed to the people who do nothing for society except support politicians that get them money.
To me abbott funding is similar to bailing out these banks that didn't do the right thing and are in a mess. Let them all fail and learn the harsh lessons of reality. The abbott program started in 1985 I believe, so 2 full generations should of gone through and graduated. Why don't those graduates support those schools if the program is working? By now they should of weaned off state funding and all the success stories should have their wages garnished to support those school since they would of benefited from them. If robbing the state taxes from the middle and "rich" is a good idea and works then these schools should be self sufficient by now. That is my main problem with all this welfare funding of banks, lazy people, automotive industry, pension program for government workers.

These immigrants from china, mexico, india know that if they don't work they are going to starve and not survive. They aren't born with this sense of entitlement that they are owed something. People laugh at indians like apu working in convenience stores or mexicans mowing lawns but guess what they are working, producing and doing something they have no sense that they are owed something. We who work in the private industry follow the same ideas as at any time we can lose our jobs so we live accordingly and save our money as our jobs can end at any time. That is our incentive to work fast, hard and continue going to school in our 30's and 40's so that our skills are up to date and we can continue to compete in the real business world. I swear when I drove down south orange in Newark I couldn't believe all these people with gold chains, wandering around cursing and drinking instead of doing something.

That is the mentality that is going to develop if you just keep giving out handouts, cheap housing, food stamps, bailouts. What is the incentive to do better then? Newark isn't the only place, I drove down rumson ave in new brunswick and its the same thing, 20-30 year olds just wandering around acting stupid and blasting music and making their own community look bad.

I appreciate that my taxes go to fixing the roads, i appreciate the police officers and the fine and important job they do. But why do I have to pay more for the same services? Because we all worked hard and we can afford it? Then why even bother working hard? We should all be bums and wander around drinking and having babies. I guarantee we will really have a budget crisis then.

Its not just a black problem, when I lived in Liberty St in Trenton, the neighbors were all italians and welfare addicts that would cook up schemes with other people to pretend they are looking for jobs by having friends pretend to be managers at a company when a welfare officer would follow up on a case. Take it all away and these very same people would straighten up and become self sufficient. Cruel as it may seem, the people that don't want to work will perish and society as a whole will be better.

End the welfare and change it to workfare. To find work I packed my bags from NJ and flew out to Idaho knowing the job lasts only 4 months just for the experience and to pay the bills. Ditto again when I went to houston for 5 months. Anyone in the IT industry will know what I mean as these contract jobs are spread around the county and last only a few months.

Sadly my intentions are to leave this state after my wife is done with her PhD program at Cuny (3 more years), as I don't see anyone making any real meaning full changes other than keeping the status quo while the money is disappearing.

Last edited by block911; 05-25-2009 at 04:25 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 03:11 PM

835 posts, read 1,179,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
The irony is that block911 previously claims he drives a lexus, and lives in downtown Newark! (maybe if he moved somewhere else, his perspective would change. If you want to see people acting like obnoxious bums, Newark is the place to go!)

What are they "getting away" with ? "Kramer" (Michael Richards) didn't use the "N-word" once. According to news reports, he used the word 6 times, and went on an angry tirade that resulted in most patrons leaving the comedy club. It wasn't merely a slip or the tongue that the PC crowd twisted out of context. It was a very ugly incident.

Very few take Sharpton seriously (I read somewhere he has a 50% approval among blacks.). There's no "getting away with" -- it's just that he's low enough that there's nowhere left to fall.

Lots of numbers lean in lots of directions. But trying to figure out which group of people we should direct our hatred towards isn't much of a way to solve serious problems of poverty, crime, etc.

And stereotyping people has the unfortunate consequence of apportioning blame to those who have nothing to do with these problems.

I have a lexus but to conserve my money I live and work in Newark. The reason I have a lexus is not the bling factor but the fact that Lexus/Toyota cars last a LONG time with very little maintenance hence more value for the money. In my crazy teen years I had a used toyota supra that i learned how to service myself since I was broke. The lexus i own now uses the same exact engine (2JZ) that I service myself which is also why I got it. Its already 8 years old and has never broken down and runs and looks brand new and all the service I have done myself. I can understand if I was unemployed or living in section 8 then I would be a hypocrite for having a lexus. But since I am successful instead of owning a nice car my wages have to go to support others?

If people don't take Rev Al seriously then why did kramer have to apologize to him? Also do you remember who Jesse Jackson was calling the N word too? Talk about having no respect. I would never associate that word with Obama, as much as I disagree with his policies I know he worked hard and made something out of himself. Same with Cory Booker, I have a huge amount of respect for him but what they are doing is wrong. They are trying to rebuild the ponzi heirarchy that NJ was at a national level which has already proven not to work or be sustainable. They should be focusing on leveling the global playing fields so the US can once again compete with foreign countries so that we can again start manufacturing quality goods and produce them instead of having to import quality goods. This way our job base will be strong again. If finding cheap labor is a problem, then build factories in Newark or Camden and pay them half of what auto workers in Michigan made and then subsidize their housing and grant food stamps. Then you will see a difference in the cities instead of the forced gentrification like what Sharpe james was trying to do with Mulberry commons in newark.

Last edited by block911; 05-25-2009 at 03:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey