Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 02:38 PM

10 posts, read 33,541 times

Advertisements

Hello,

my husband and I (no kids) are thinking about moving into Ewing area.
It could be Ewing or anywhere nearby in a realtively nice neighborhood.
Can you please give us some guidelines as to where to look for renting an apartment (up to $1200) as well as whicha areas are good - close to bars and entertainment, safe for walks, with parks?
I am really confused where to start.
Thank you so much, we appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 03:49 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,002,625 times
There are several apartment options for you in Ewing, just make sure you stay as far away as possible from the Trenton border.
Ewing also borders the Delaware so you might have the option of looking in Yardley Pa. and Newtown Pa.
Ewing is home to the College of New Jersey so I suspect there are some bars that are popular with the student crowd. I know that Kat Man Du is a popular bar-http://www.katmandutrenton.com/

There are also some nice apartment complexes in nearby Lawrence, but again, stay away from those near the Trenton border.
Good luck with your search you have loads of options in the area!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:57 PM

Thank you for the quick answer. yes, I know we should stay away from Trenton, I even read here that I might want to look at places outside 295(east and south) to avoid Trenton influence. I have an internship in Ewing and I just wanted to get something that would be a realtively easy drive (10-15mins) for me and close to major roads for my husband's commute.
It seems that everyone says that we should go there and look carefully at the neighborhood but we still need to have several places in mind whenever we take the ride.
Thank you, again!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:37 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,079,748 times
I own property in Ewing and can say the best rentals are probably going to be in the higher end condo communities. The ones that I tend to like are:

The Madison
Scotch Run
Heritage Crossing

Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivelinayana View Post
Thank you for the quick answer. yes, I know we should stay away from Trenton, I even read here that I might want to look at places outside 295(east and south) to avoid Trenton influence. I have an internship in Ewing and I just wanted to get something that would be a realtively easy drive (10-15mins) for me and close to major roads for my husband's commute.
It seems that everyone says that we should go there and look carefully at the neighborhood but we still need to have several places in mind whenever we take the ride.
Thank you, again!
Don't know where your husbands' commute is but you might also consider Plainsboro NJ, many rentals there and fairly close to to Rte 1, Rte 130 and the NEC train (Princeton Jct and Hamilton Stations).

Your commute from Plainsboro would be about 20-25 minutes into Ewing.

Plainsboro has limited night life but lots of parks and open space. It is a 10 minute drive into Princeton which will give you McCarter Theater, Triumph Brewery and some great eateries.
Just a thought.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Thanks - yes we looked at plainsboro, the problem is that my husband still does not know if he would be working towards new brunswick or south towards burlington. This is why I htought at least ewing is close to where I will be. After reading all the comments here however we have started thinking about getting something that would be in the middle - like robbinsville or maybe hamilton near Hamilton Park and Veterans Park. I really want to feel safe more than I want night life
Is the area I described safe or should we go further away from Trenton?
Thank you guys for all the feedback!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:52 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,512,484 times
Quote:
Thanks - yes we looked at plainsboro, the problem is that my husband still does not know if he would be working towards new brunswick or south towards burlington. This is why I htought at least ewing is close to where I will be. After reading all the comments here however we have started thinking about getting something that would be in the middle - like robbinsville or maybe hamilton near Hamilton Park and Veterans Park. I really want to feel safe more than I want night life
I used to live in this area, and it is safe. It is also close to 295/95 and the Turnpike and relatively close to Route 1. I also don't know much about the schools, but this area's schools seem to be superior to Ewing's middle and high schools; not sure about the elementary schools. It's not particularly diverse there, but it is changing steadily, and there are lots of people in that area of Hamilton who don't like that. (I hope they are moving out too.)

Old 06-02-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Robbinsville and that section of Hamilton are really safe. Hamilton would be an easier commute into Ewing and closer to Mercer Co. Park which is a 2500 acre park with playing fields, tennis courts, ice skating, boat house/marina, dog parks etc.
As Sunil's Dad said, Hamilton has quick access to 295/95.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 PM

51,696 posts, read 15,626,366 times
Check out Robbinsville, I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:19 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,492,988 times
Ewing is only a fair area, look in the better towns around 206 and Rt 1 - Lawrenceville, Hopewell, Hamilton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey