Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:40 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
V's don't happen in real estate. Once we hit the bottom, expect up to a decade of stagnation in nominal prices. Assuming we have inflation, that means the longer you wait, the better off you are, until prices pick up again.
I agree with you, but others seem to have the "buy now or be priced out forever" mentality. This is what I'm questioning...WHY do people think this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 03:55 PM

531 posts, read 2,149,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I agree with you, but others seem to have the "buy now or be priced out forever" mentality. This is what I'm questioning...WHY do people think this.
You need people like that to keep markets moving. I'm glad they exist lol.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
Quote:
can you link to a post, any single post, where anyone said this (not in jest) ...?

I think that every R.E. "bull" on here simply wants housing to stabilize (i.e. stop declining) because we know that housing is now, unfortunately, inextricably, linked to the health of the overall US economy.

to cheer price declines is to cheer the recession onward.

and that is what I'm questioning -- all the talk of wanting prices to come to some imaginary parallel with incomes is a diversion.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:18 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Quite correct. Pending home sales up 7%, third consecutive monthly increase.

MarketWatch.com Story
don't attempt to pee in his cornflakes... someone already beat you to it

Old 06-02-2009, 06:26 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,291 times
Quote:

1) Realtors
2) Dumb
3) Listen to headlines only on both sides of the fence
4) Dont understand economics
5) Dumb

Old 06-02-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
can you link to a post, any single post, where anyone said this (not in jest) ...?

I think that every R.E. "bull" on here simply wants housing to stabilize (i.e. stop declining) because we know that housing is now, unfortunately, inextricably, linked to the health of the overall US economy.

and that is what I'm questioning -- all the talk of wanting prices to come to some imaginary parallel with incomes is a diversion.

Settle down Beavis. I for one THINK prices will decline. Again I think prices will decline. Sorry for having this opinion.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:44 PM

744 posts, read 1,406,170 times
Quote:

Accommodation is a consumer good. Cheaper housing is good, just like cheaper gas is good, and cheaper cars are good.

Obviously people can only spend what they earn (the days of living on credit are over) so clearly the price of housing must be related to incomes.

Lower house prices is a necessary step to the US economy recovering, where recovering means not just inflating another bubble. Why do you want the US economy to stay imbalanced for longer than necessary?

Old 06-02-2009, 08:13 PM

I take it "Bulls" feel unemployment numbers will help NJ real estate.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:26 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
unemployment is a lagging indicator

people are buying houses.

but, please do keep renting -- landlords love you paying their mortgage for them !

Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,697,578 times
Quote:
unemployment is a lagging indicator

people are buying houses.

but, please do keep renting -- landlords love you paying their mortgage for them !
Didn't you promise to stop your commenting on housing threads?
Cause all you do is spew misinformation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey