Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:32 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times

Advertisements

No.. N. O. ..no. I know that (some) of them waltz in, but the surgeon is still the surgeon and is ultimately in charge of what and whom he's cutting. The anesthesiologist, who should have had a conversation with or at least a look at the patient in question is there for backup. I know that nursing staff does a lot of running around and covering in these matters - I used to work office for an orthopedic surgeon - but they are not in charge of or to blame for a mess like replacing the wrong hip. That is gross negligence all the way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSuporter View Post
If you, being the scab or 'travel nurse' as you would like to be called, are the best in the land - can you please explain to me why the scabs did a hip replacement on the wrong hip? AND THEN, could you explain why a woman who is 5 months pregnant walked into the hospital yesterday asking questions and not one of the scabs could answer them BUT the nurses outside of the building could have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:23 PM

328 posts, read 1,196,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

I am a pharmacist and we work every bit as hard as nurses
Now that's really a crock.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:41 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
Now that's really a crock.
And you know that because of your extensive experience as a pharmacist?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
And you know that because of your extensive experience as a pharmacist?
I have as much experience being a pharmacist as you do being a registered nurse.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Terribly sorry, but I don't think that you have the whole story. THE NURSES offered to work an extra half hour every day without pay in exchange for more staffing. The hospital said 'Sure we'll take that - but nothing in return.' Margiotta's statement is a wee bit of an exaggerated annoyance. That $100,000 salary you keep throwing up in the wind is with EXUBERANT over time.

Just so you're aware the C.E.O. of the Hospital makes between $300,000 and $700,000. Another thing - that person's salary alone could pay for 9 more nurses.

The scabs can make $3,325 a week and if you would like to check that out you can go on Us Nursing Corp - but the hospital can't make a settlement with their own nurses.

usnursingcorp.com: The Leading Healthcare Jobs Site on the Net
Nothing in return? You consider a raise nothing? When the rest of the world is getting pay cuts? Why do the nurses feel so entitled?

So you are saying the article is wrong? The nurses aren't asking for more money? Or that they aren't the highest paid hospital nurses in NJ?

You do realize the replacement nurses will not get benefits from the hospital and their role is short term?

With regard to the CEO's salaries, I am sure if they stopped buying drugs they could save millions a year. That would be pretty dumb right? Well it wouldn't be too smart to run a hospital without a CEO.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I have as much experience being a pharmacist as you do being a registered nurse.
So you are a nurse? I know many nurses and I don't know one that would say they work harder than pharmacists.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 PM

12 posts, read 30,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
While you may not be an actual scab, you're still many times crossing a picket line, and you're leaving your family for money. Period. Sorry, I decided to be poor and stay home and work for the normal pay at my current hospital. If you choose to do travel nursing, don't act like some sort of savior/martyr when you CHOOSE to do it and be away from your family. That's why all my travel nurse friends are SINGLE.

There are hospitals EVERYWHERE unless you live in the sticks, so don't feed me a line of bull about how you have to leave your family. Take your family and move near a hospital, clinic or doctor's office. Sorry, not gonna get sympathy from me here. And it's not patient abandonment if your employer LOCKS YOU OUT and won't allow you in the buidling and tells you to leave lest you be removed by force.
No one's acting like a 'martyr;' far from it! I was just trying to explain what nurses that CHOOSE to travel experience. Most are either young without children yet, or older with kids at a responsible age, or out of the home. Your employer locked you out because you wouldn't meet a deadline a few hours earlier.

Yep, I live in the sticks. Nearest neighbor a mile away; beautiful fields; animals. I wasn't asking for sympathy whatsoever! I love my life, and freedom of choice. Nursing is all about choices, and there are few other professions that offer as many choices of environments to work in as nursing. I decided to work for money, not benefits or whatever a union or employer decided they think I should have. My husband and I have paid our own insurance and retirement since we were married. We feel we are better qualified to decide where our money goes.

I do it so I can spend more time at home without working, and be more independent. If I were going to do the same job, I decided to maximize my earnings. Capitalism. It's what America was built on!

Incidentally, nurses where I live make about $40,000 a year, so you get no sympathy from me, either! In these economic times - if you're foolish enough to risk the job you seem to love so much, so be it! Few make as much as the east coast and west coast nurses. So if I see the opportunity to travel and bring home more moolah for my FAMILY doing the SAME job I'm trained for - I do it!

I hope someday you get the opportunity to be a travel nurse. It would broaden your horizons, and you could use those skills you've honed over the years to take you new places. But the fact is, I think you're scared to do it, without big brother telling you what to do.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
So you are a nurse? I know many nurses and I don't know one that would say they work harder than pharmacists.
The pharmacy techs are the ones doing all the hard work. The pharmacist just supervises the work the techs do.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
The pharmacy techs are the ones doing all the hard work. The pharmacist just supervises the work the techs do.
Now I know you are a troll, that would be like saying nurses aids do all the hard work nurses just supervise.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:03 PM

12 posts, read 30,011 times
Quote:
[Oops just realised I forgot the other 'p'. The key sticks sometimes -_-]

Anyways; why don't you get educated on what the scabs do when they're in the hospital and then come back and say something. Right now you just look like a fool saying that you would rather go to englewood now because the scabs are there. THEY KILLED SOMEONE. THEY DID A HIP REPLACEMENT ON THE WRONG HIP.

If you value your life and your loved ones lives; stay away from Englewood Hospital until there's a settlement.
Doctors and hospitals make mistakes that kill thousands upon thousands of people a year. The last time I checked, I didn't see a nurse doing an operation. So to pick an isolated incident to hang your hat on is pretty silly. Everyone, at ANY time - strike, lock out, or not, should be vigilant about their own healthcare, and always make sure they are in control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey