U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 AM

136 posts, read 418,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmakov View Post
I live in Fair Haven, just 10-15 minutes from Holmdel and 5 minutes from the Parkway.
Easy commute, really nice, small-town atmosphere. Your wife would enjoy "the girls" here. 5 minutes from the Beach, too. I'm a Realtor....happy to help! If you don't plan to have kids for a while, also consider Red Bank. A fun town, close to Holmdel, and right off the Parkway. Easy 1 hr by train to NYC.
Here we go again. Red Bank is NOT a 1 hour-train ride to Manhattan. Not in this universe.

If you're going to shave 20 minutes or so off the travel time each way why not just really exaggerate and say it's a 45 minute ride.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 PM

4,513 posts, read 6,033,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
You should live in Narnia and ride to Brooklyn on your talking unicorn.
Did someone say "talking unicorn"?

YouTube - Charlie The Unicorn

Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 PM

526 posts, read 1,404,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i check out newhomeguide.com and i have seen townelake in sayreville. ideally i would like a new home in a new community. would help me reduce maintenance (i am not handy at all) and also meet people in a similar situation as me (though probably not as awesome as me).

so is townelake a decent place?
I have a few friends who moved to Sayreville recently, of the non-white variety. I don't think it would fit your needs.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperaffection View Post
LOL

I think Homdel is a good fit for you Marlboro too. What about Belle Mead or Princeton or West Windsor?
I don't know about Belle mead but Princeton and West Windsor have sizable Asian immigrant populations.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thosepeskyfacts View Post
Here we go again. Red Bank is NOT a 1 hour-train ride to Manhattan. Not in this universe.

If you're going to shave 20 minutes or so off the travel time each way why not just really exaggerate and say it's a 45 minute ride.
Manhattan isn't a place, it's a state of mind.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 PM

2,771 posts, read 3,612,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thosepeskyfacts View Post

On the other hand, he could get there in 10 minutes riding his unicorn (isn't that the way most of these people with the surprisingly short commutes travel ?)

Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 PM

578 posts, read 1,231,836 times
unicorns are for the poor lower-middle class, for someone so awesome they should travel by griffons at the minimum, a phoenix is more preferrable though so the gold-digger wife can showoff the shining colors. On the other hand if he indeed gets the hot burning phoenix, it wont work so well with his mistress the ice queen.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,801,442 times
You want to be close to the beach (NJ) AND be a quick commute to BROOKLYN?

Not.

Trust me, I have looked.

Quickest way to Brooklyn might be a 3 part commute:

Get to Hoboken
Take PATH to WTC
Take subway to Brooklyn

OR, you can find some train/bus lines in some towns like Montclair (Montclare?) and try your luck with that.

Your best bet would probably be, sadly, going to NYS. Commuting with Metro North to Grand Central and taking the subway from there down to Brooklyn.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 PM

17,229 posts, read 13,064,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
unicorns are for the poor lower-middle class, for someone so awesome they should travel by griffons at the minimum, a phoenix is more preferrable though so the gold-digger wife can showoff the shining colors. On the other hand if he indeed gets the hot burning phoenix, it wont work so well with his mistress the ice queen.
i would love to have one of those giant eagles from lord of the rings. if someone can help make that happen i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 PM

17,229 posts, read 13,064,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
I have a few friends who moved to Sayreville recently, of the non-white variety. I don't think it would fit your needs.
oh crap, cross that off the list.

when i went to marlboro high school there were 33 blacks in the school. i remember one of them threatened to grabs my nuts and squeeze them on the lunch line. i believe he wanted a dollar.

my nuts are way too delicate plus im going to be starting a family soon. so for my nuts' sake, we need to stick with my diversity requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey