Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 AM

31 posts, read 105,852 times

Advertisements

I live in Fair Haven, just 10-15 minutes from Holmdel and 5 minutes from the Parkway.
Easy commute, really nice, small-town atmosphere. Your wife would enjoy "the girls" here. 5 minutes from the Beach, too. I'm a Realtor....happy to help! If you don't plan to have kids for a while, also consider Red Bank. A fun town, close to Holmdel, and right off the Parkway. Easy 1 hr by train to NYC.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,940 times
Well, if you're serious, why not South Middletown? You can be as snobby as you like there. Great schools for the future, not too far from the towns you mentioned and lots of green, open spaces. Oak Hill, Chapel Hill-I'm sure you know the areas. Decent drive to the beach, as you already know.

What about Rumson? The home prices are higher, but for just you and your wife you can definitely find something. Taxes aren't crazy in Rumson, either. You're just not going to find the large property there in your price range.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midagegirl View Post
maybe sayreville would be a good choice.
i check out newhomeguide.com and i have seen townelake in sayreville. ideally i would like a new home in a new community. would help me reduce maintenance (i am not handy at all) and also meet people in a similar situation as me (though probably not as awesome as me).

so is townelake a decent place?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmakov View Post
If you don't plan to have kids for a while, also consider Red Bank. A fun town, close to Holmdel, and right off the Parkway. Easy 1 hr by train to NYC.
He wants a town with almost no minorities, mmakov.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmakov View Post
I live in Fair Haven, just 10-15 minutes from Holmdel and 5 minutes from the Parkway.
Easy commute, really nice, small-town atmosphere. Your wife would enjoy "the girls" here. 5 minutes from the Beach, too. I'm a Realtor....happy to help! If you don't plan to have kids for a while, also consider Red Bank. A fun town, close to Holmdel, and right off the Parkway. Easy 1 hr by train to NYC.
have you been to the house that they redecorated for the VNA? i believe its in rumson. my wife went there and enjoyed her time with the fancy ladies.

ill check the google maps on fair haven and see what kind of homes are available, thanks.

273 posts, read 684,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i check out newhomeguide.com and i have seen townelake in sayreville. ideally i would like a new home in a new community. would help me reduce maintenance (i am not handy at all) and also meet people in a similar situation as me (though probably not as awesome as me).

so is townelake a decent place?
i am not sure but if you go to nj.com they have forums for each town you can get good advice there.

31 posts, read 103,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
You should live in Narnia and ride to Brooklyn on your talking unicorn.
LOL

I think Homdel is a good fit for you Marlboro too. What about Belle Mead or Princeton or West Windsor?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
He wants a town with almost no minorities, mmakov.
i went to dinner in red bank, in that galleria not too long ago. then we dropped off my brother and his baby mama at the train station. while we were parked my dad's car got a flat and we changed the tire (well my dad and wife did while i watched). anyway, there were unsavory types walking around that made me uncomfortable.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
i went to dinner in red bank, in that galleria not too long ago. then we dropped off my brother and his baby mama at the train station. while we were parked my dad's car got a flat and we changed the tire (well my dad and wife did while i watched). anyway, there were unsavory types walking around that made me uncomfortable.
Yup. It's amazing to me how the downtown area is kept so safe, clean, and upscale. Great town, though.

Take a drive through some neighborhoods in Oak Hill. It's really beautiful.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:54 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,964,778 times
Quote:
ive seen most of that movie. that ice queen makes me hot.
I'm glad the White Witch makes you hot. You know for gold diggers that marry their husbands strictly for their money, "lunch with the ladies" is code for "banging the non-English speaking landscaper".

WE WANT PRE-NUP! WE WANT PRE-NUP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey