Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: JC Vs NWK
Jersey City 37 62.71%
Newark 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:38 PM

303 posts, read 752,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post
Newark without a doubt, JC is a city trying to hard to be something its not.

Newark can handle much more traffic and designed better than JC.
Newark has 4 top rate colleges. JC?... not so much.
look JC has the best all around, newark had to time to grow, Jc never had that. AND r u talking about RUTGERS, that STD infested School, NJIT is pretty good SetonHall gets the best score, but JC has good schools NJCU is a great University, and Saint Peter's College is one of the best in the State. Before at it peak population, downtown where all the building are now, was all railroads with not many people living there.now that's all changed , driving in downtown Jc is easier , most of JC was built before cars were the "NORM". JC has just started growing, its been growing for only 30 years n looks how far its gone, newark hasnt changed since the 60's so thats 50 years. and JC is not stopping there many, many more buildings that have been aprroved for building, only the recession were in slowed it down n even dring the recession the city continued to build. give this city another 10 years n i guarentee you it wouldn't be the biggest city but it definetly will 1 of the greaters cities in the US. Believe I've lived here my whole life im only 18years and I've seen first had the drastic changes this city has gone through especially Downtown, when i was a kid my parents uwsed to work at night in Downtown we would constantly see burned out buildings, crackheads drunk people n our car was stolen 1 night in Downtown. My area in HEIGHTS is starting to change and so is the JOURNAL SQUARE area. Believe me this city is going in the right the direction. (NOT POLITICALY OF COURSE)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 03:50 AM

835 posts, read 1,179,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1990 View Post
look JC has the best all around, newark had to time to grow, Jc never had that. AND r u talking about RUTGERS, that STD infested School, NJIT is pretty good SetonHall gets the best score, but JC has good schools NJCU is a great University, and Saint Peter's College is one of the best in the State. Before at it peak population, downtown where all the building are now, was all railroads with not many people living there.now that's all changed , driving in downtown Jc is easier , most of JC was built before cars were the "NORM". JC has just started growing, its been growing for only 30 years n looks how far its gone, newark hasnt changed since the 60's so thats 50 years. and JC is not stopping there many, many more buildings that have been aprroved for building, only the recession were in slowed it down n even dring the recession the city continued to build. give this city another 10 years n i guarentee you it wouldn't be the biggest city but it definetly will 1 of the greaters cities in the US. Believe I've lived here my whole life im only 18years and I've seen first had the drastic changes this city has gone through especially Downtown, when i was a kid my parents uwsed to work at night in Downtown we would constantly see burned out buildings, crackheads drunk people n our car was stolen 1 night in Downtown. My area in HEIGHTS is starting to change and so is the JOURNAL SQUARE area. Believe me this city is going in the right the direction. (NOT POLITICALY OF COURSE)
Yeah right, St Peters is a joke, they teach a MBA program at our offices in Newark . I was 4 weeks late joining the program and they said all I had to do was pay the fees and I could still join the current semester and get an A. What a joke!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,228 times
yeah NWK is rigged and healthy lookin with that true origanal old, school layout but Jersay City has 2 skylines (Journal Square).. lets not forget that outragous gothem city style hospital (Jersey City Medical) by the way which is renovated into condos next to Montgomery Houses.. we should also keep an eye out for New Brunswick ,not to tall but unique...

Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,204 times
Cool This is the view from my desk in studio =)

Old 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent77 View Post
I wouldn't call it a no-brainer. Newark has some great old buildings and they are from a longer time-span than the relatively new skyline of JC. I voted for JC but I think they're pretty evenly matched.

How did you know he meant JC? LOL Maybe it is a no brainer. JC by far...

Old 03-08-2010, 06:49 PM

220 posts, read 701,335 times
i don't really consider it JC skyline, it's more like Newport-Exchange skyline, thus I voted for Newark...

Newark still looks a bit gritty despite some newer buildings, but in an era of gall glass buildings being the trend, a little bit of grit adds character.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:33 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,844,597 times
Although I voted for Jersey City becuz its a Large & growing Modern Skyline, I like Newark in terms it stands out and doesn't blend in with other cities. Jersey City is ahead by Newark by 10 years in the modern Skyline dept , but over the next 10 years as Newark becomes more and more invested in again that will change. I have seen some places that show Newark will have at least 30 high rises by 2020 in Downtown and spilling over into North of 280. I do know that Jersey City will have at least 40+ new High Rises by 2020.

I took these photos form the highways.

Newark

Jersey City

Note that the smaller clustered buildings are lower Manhattan, not JC.

Tallest Building in NJ, designed by one of the Most Famous Architects, Cesar Peli. Its similar design to the ones in Hong Kong he designed.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:21 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1990 View Post
Hasn't changed since the 60's??? In what realm (and by whose measurement?)

In the 60's Newark's skyline was pretty much only Prudential, 744, and 1180.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:36 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,015 times
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of these in Journal Square.

Mod cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Viralmd; 03-10-2010 at 05:50 AM..

Old 03-09-2010, 10:05 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of these in Journal Square.
Personally, I'm not a fan of how overly dense they are. I think it is a good location for high density, I'm just not sure if they area is ready for something like that yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey