Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:52 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,958,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
At least you're honest, you can't give me a real answer. When Obama has a significant policy change from Bush, call me. kthxbye

I gave you an answer.....sorry you don't consider it "real" enough. Look Einstein.....you have 79 posts and a "reputation" of 19.......since you start with a reputation of 10 that means you've accumulated a grand total of 9 points with all 79 posts.......at 3 points per credited reputation that means of all the people who read your posts exactly 3 people felt you had something intelligent to say in those 79 posts.....if I were you I'd stop posting your nonsense before people start deducting points and you end up with a "minus" reputation !!!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:02 PM

636 posts, read 1,420,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I gave you an answer.....sorry you don't consider it "real" enough. Look Einstein.....you have 79 posts and a "reputation" of 19.......since you start with a reputation of 10 that means you've accumulated a grand total of 9 points with all 79 posts.......at 3 points per credited reputation that means of all the people who read your posts exactly 3 people felt you had something intelligent to say in those 79 posts.....if I were you I'd stop posting your nonsense before people start deducting points and you end up with a "minus" reputation !!!
So where is your specific example of Obama's policy changes? That's what I thought.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
So where is your specific example of Obama's policy changes? That's what I thought.
Thought ? If you had a genuine thought it would probably die of lonliness !!! Geeze..... can't you read or are you just blind to what I wrote.........I said look at the drastic change you've witnessed on TV over the last several days on how Obama approachs our foreign policy.....when did you EVER see Bush talk to our global neighbors this way.......do you have a tv where you live.......or do you live in the same cave as Bin Laden !!!!

Last edited by FlyersFan; 06-05-2009 at 08:44 PM..

Old 06-06-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Thought ? If you had a genuine thought it would probably die of lonliness !!! Geeze..... can't you read or are you just blind to what I wrote.........I said look at the drastic change you've witnessed on TV over the last several days on how Obama approachs our foreign policy.....when did you EVER see Bush talk to our global neighbors this way.......do you have a tv where you live.......or do you live in the same cave as Bin Laden !!!!
Again, talk is cheap. There still is no significant policy change. And that's why you haven't been able to list any.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:22 PM

231 posts, read 585,899 times
Obama is engaging the muslim world and, notably, Hamas and Iran in talks. Bush admin was opposed to both because they didn't agree with diaglogue with terrorist regimes. Additionally, Obama is shifting US troops to Afghanistan.

Like them or hate them, these are big foreign policy changes.

Obama's campaign rhetoric stressed conciliation with the other western democracies. Interestingly, his campaign rhetoric actually gave him and the US a lot of good will from other nations without necessarily taking any actions to warrant it. It remains to be seen if the good will will persist. He has backtracked on shutting down guantanamo for one.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I said look at the drastic change you've witnessed on TV over the last several days on how Obama approachs our foreign policy.....when did you EVER see Bush talk to our global neighbors this way
MichiganMan......Whats wrong with the "specific" example I gave above along with what GoonSquad also listed above ????

Old 06-06-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonsquad View Post
Obama is engaging the muslim world and, notably, Hamas and Iran in talks. Bush admin was opposed to both because they didn't agree with diaglogue with terrorist regimes. Additionally, Obama is shifting US troops to Afghanistan.

Like them or hate them, these are big foreign policy changes.

Obama's campaign rhetoric stressed conciliation with the other western democracies. Interestingly, his campaign rhetoric actually gave him and the US a lot of good will from other nations without necessarily taking any actions to warrant it. It remains to be seen if the good will will persist. He has backtracked on shutting down guantanamo for one.
How has this changed our actions in the middle east? Our Iraq/Afghanistran campaigns are more of the same - a continuation of Bush's old policies.

Talk is cheap. Anyone can talk. Doing is quite another.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
How has this changed our actions in the middle east? Our Iraq/Afghanistran campaigns are more of the same - a continuation of Bush's old policies.

Talk is cheap. Anyone can talk. Doing is quite another.
Bush was in Afganistan and left to chase Saddam......the focus in now back on Afganistan. If you had bothered to listen to anything Obama said during the election it was clear that it would take at least 16 months to get our men and equipment out of Iraq......geeze......it took 7 years to build our troops to the level they are now.....do you think they all pack their suitcases and get on a plane and fly home overnight..... not to mention transporting all the equipment home. Its only been 4 months.....stop your whining or go back to Michigan !!!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Bush was in Afganistan and left to chase Saddam......the focus in now back on Afganistan. If you had bothered to listen to anything Obama said during the election it was clear that it would take at least 16 months to get our men and equipment out of Iraq......geeze......it took 7 years to build our troops to the level they are now.....do you think they all pack their suitcases and get on a plane and fly home overnight..... not to mention transporting all the equipment home. Its only been 4 months.....stop your whining or go back to Michigan !!!
I'm not whining, just showing that there is not a considerable difference between Bush and Obama. Obama talks, but actions are a different matter.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,488,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonsquad View Post
Interestingly, his campaign rhetoric actually gave him and the US a lot of good will from other nations without necessarily taking any actions to warrant it. It remains to be seen if the good will will persist. He has backtracked on shutting down guantanamo for one.
good will from other nations can only hurt us. our allies are parasites. no better than our enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey