U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:27 PM

17,032 posts, read 12,436,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
We like being near urban centers and like the town feeling that NJ suburbs provide.
there are cities between nyc and la.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 PM

5,974 posts, read 3,056,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
there are cities between nyc and la.
That is true, but we enjoy Northeast cities.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
That is true, but we enjoy Northeast cities.
im confused, northeast cities are different than cities in oklahoma, ohio, indiana, arizona, etc. etc.?

Old 06-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
im confused, northeast cities are different than cities in oklahoma, ohio, indiana, arizona, etc. etc.?
Its what we prefer and enjoy. You may think differently and thats OK. NJ is my home state and we have an attachment to it, so to me yes the Northeast cities are different.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:39 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,137,275 times
Quote:
FlyersFan, for myslef and my family New Jersey provided a much better living. We make much more money and net far more after all our bills are paid after making $8 an hour stacking shelves in a Florida Walmart thats not much of a claim....and we are living in a state we love. Sunbelt states are not for me or my family. We like being near urban centers and like the town feeling that NJ suburbs provide. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. To the people that dislike NJ the best thing you can do is move. I have many of my friends down south that would love to take your jobs.
I'm not even sure why your posting on this thread........the OPs question was why are people leaving New Jersey........not why are they staying......next post try to be a little more relevant to the question.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 PM

604 posts, read 1,135,948 times
I don't mean to harp but Delaware is just across Delaware Memorial Bridge ... don't have to go to the South .... just south of New Jersey. ...people are nice. Salaries may be a tad lower than in NJ but expenses are sooooooo much lower. Don't know which job field you are in but recessions come and go but Delaware keeps on ticking. And you are not that far away from your old location in case you feel like keeping in touch with the people you know in NJ. I have seen a lot of jrzians move to Delaware ...and they find that it was a smart move on their part.

Good luck to you wherever end up going .....

Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Its what we prefer and enjoy. You may think differently and thats OK. NJ is my home state and we have an attachment to it, so to me yes the Northeast cities are different.
i have no problem with you having the preference. i dont have much experience in cities outside of the northeast but id imagine they are all pretty similar no matter where you go.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:44 PM

5,287 posts, read 8,780,448 times
the answer is go where there are no hillbillies! This jerk is riding his damn lawn tractor again today and thats in NJ!!

Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,137,275 times
Quote:
We like being near urban centers and like the town feeling that NJ suburbs provide.
Let me give you a news flash here.......there are 49 other states ALL with numerous cities with great downtowns, urban centers and cultural events that don't choke the financial life out of their residents through crushing personal, business and corporate taxes and you don't have to look any further south than Delaware.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
i have no problem with you having the preference. i dont have much experience in cities outside of the northeast but id imagine they are all pretty similar no matter where you go.
There are not many cities outside of the Northeast that share the urban character of Northeast cities. Cities like Chicago and San Francisco are the ones that I have been to that are most similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey