Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:19 PM

744 posts, read 1,406,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justchillin View Post
just my 2 cents.. how come the tape only rolls when the cops roll up...
we don't know the whole story from the tape..
i think the officer did not handle the situation the way it should have been handled, but on the job you make split second decisions, not to defend either but why was the female cop running back to the car instead of helping her partner settle things and secure the perp.. there are too many questions not answered by the video tape..
btw, cops when responding to calls don't have to have lights and sirens blaring.. sometimes you want to be stealth and observe..
also, not all agencies have video cameras in their cars.. i know the state, all of the police cars have them..
moral of the story is, not everybody that performs the job belongs on the job.. across all jobs.. not just cops..
just my 2 cents..
The video starts where it does because that'd where it got interesting.

Frankly it doesn't matter what he was doing 2 seconds before hand, he could have been shooting school children and beating old ladies. Force isn't to be used by police officers to punish someone - that's what the courts do. Force is to be used to sudbue someone who is resisting arrest, or is a danger to themselves or others at that time. Way more force than was necessary was used there, which is obvious by the cop standing him up so he can toss him again and by the other cop not coming to her partner's aid (meaning he clearly was in control of the situation).

The fact that they filed a false report on what happens is proof enough that they used excessive force without any reason - if it was justified they'd report what happened after all.

Oh well the mentally ill guy is about to come into some money, and tax payers in Passaic get to foot the bill. Actually that sounds just like government stimulus spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
You don't know what you said.....Every time you post it changes.
this is totally untrue. you just want to take pieces of posts totally out of context to suit you. where did i say that they needed to hurry to deliver the guy a beating? that was your observation so i have no idea why you are asking me that question.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I do picture this guy as a foul mouthed loud obnoxious and aggressive guy yelling at people on the street corner. i wouldnt say that i know this to be true, its just my guess
Your all over the place in your posts......all with "guesses".....first you "guess" the guy is guilty of all kinds of behavior while the video shows different.....then the ploice are guilty because you hate police.....then your guessing why the police don't show up with their overhead lights on while "responding"....everything is either a guess or a flip-flop.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Your all over the place in your posts......all with "guesses".....first you "guess" the guy is guilty of all kinds of behavior while the video shows different.....then the ploice are guilty because you hate police.....then your guessing why the police don't show up with their overhead lights on while "responding"....everything is either a guess or a flip-flop.
you keep claiming "the video shows this" "the video shows that." how many times do i have to repeat before you understand, the video doesnt show everything. you are guessing just as much as i am only you pretend like your guesses are facts. you are totally ignoring my posts and seem to be concocting alternate posts that you think im writing.

i never said the cops are guilty because i hate police. you are drawing wackjob conclusions by piecing together different things i have said. just because i have said that i hate police and that i have also said that the police were wrong here doesnt mean im saying that the cops are guilty because i hate police. i feel like im dealing with a psychopath here.

i am guessing, so are you. im not flip flopping, you are just coming up with your own lunatic versions of what im saying that are wrong.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 PM

744 posts, read 1,406,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you keep claiming "the video shows this" "the video shows that." how many times do i have to repeat before you understand, the video doesnt show everything. you are guessing just as much as i am only you pretend like your guesses are facts. you are totally ignoring my posts and seem to be concocting alternate posts that you think im writing.
The video clearly shows that the guy did not lay a finger on the female officer. The female officer filed a report saying he struck her multiple times. She wouldn't have to make up something if the guy had actually done something justifying the use of force.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholden View Post
The video clearly shows that the guy did not lay a finger on the female officer. The female officer filed a report saying he struck her multiple times. She wouldn't have to make up something if the guy had actually done something justifying the use of force.
why are you telling me this? i said the video doesnt show everything, i didnt say the video doesnt show anything. i know she is lying. she is a cop, that doesnt surprise me.

i think the part im suggesting is that the guy on the corner is probably annoying people around him and the police were probably called to check on it. thats it. the beating was completely unjustified. flyersfan is so passionate about this for some reason that he refuses to entertain the notion that the guy was doing anything but standing there quetly with an unbuttoned shirt. the guy could have been there for an hour but apparently because that tape that only starts when the cop car pulls up and doesnt show him yelling at people, that didnt happen.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:05 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholden View Post

Exactly......for some reason some on here keep "guessing" that the man on the corner was doing some misdeed prior to the police arriving rather than just taking the video at face value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: