Union, Somerset & Morris Counties - what town would fit my needs?
I'm hoping someone can help me! There are so many towns in NJ and they're hard to filter through without some advice.
My husband and I will be looking to buy a house in the fall. I anticipate our budget maxing out around $450k - $475k (although we are willing to put work into it).
- Commutable to Manhattan in 1hr - 1hr 1/2 (train, car combo)
- No more than 15-20 miles from Short Hills (for work, not the mall!)
- A lot of open space, large-ish lots (avge .25+ acres) - "country"
- Single family home
- Good schools - with some diversity?
- Not snobby or super materialistic! We are very laid back
- Perhaps a nice town center - but not a strip mall, more quaint...
Are there any towns that people know of that fit the bill?
I know these towns don't include all of our "desirables" - but ow are these towns? Any opinions? Long Hill Township, Bedminster, Scotch Plains, Morris Plains, Morris Township, Montville, Peapack-Gladstone and any other towns you can suggest! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by statriotic; 06-10-2009 at 07:11 AM..