I'm hoping someone can help me! There are so many towns in NJ and they're hard to filter through without some advice.
My husband and I will be looking to buy a house in the fall. I anticipate our budget maxing out around $450k - $475k (although we are willing to put work into it).
- Commutable to Manhattan in 1hr - 1hr 1/2 (train, car combo)
- No more than 15-20 miles from Short Hills (for work, not the mall!)
- A lot of open space, large-ish lots (avge .25+ acres) - "country"
- Single family home
- Good schools - with some diversity?
- Not snobby or super materialistic! We are very laid back
- Perhaps a nice town center - but not a strip mall, more quaint...
Are there any towns that people know of that fit the bill?
I know these towns don't include all of our "desirables" - but ow are these towns? Any opinions? Long Hill Township, Bedminster, Scotch Plains, Morris Plains, Morris Township, Montville, Peapack-Gladstone and any other towns you can suggest! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by statriotic; 06-10-2009 at 07:11 AM..