Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 AM

11 posts, read 35,589 times

Advertisements

I know in the rest year there has been some large projects started and mostly completed in Union City, such as the Thread, Altessa, The 43rd. What I wanted to know was there any other large projects or even some smaller ones coming up in the near future. I know if you log onto Panepinto Properties they have a future project called "The Yardley" which is quote to be the largest redevolpment in Union City. Does anyone know if this is still going to happen. So if anyone has some future insight to any new developments let me know. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 02:45 AM

229 posts, read 920,652 times
I know that Union City is up and coming and a great buy right now.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,078,138 times
Im really close to the yardley, and while I hope this project happens, as it should boost my property value, they better not kill my rooftop view.

From what neighbors have said, it may be all hear say, but they have been trying to develop yardley into something big, but it comes down to the ground its sitting on. Personally I'd say clean it up and make it into some nice roomy lofts.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 AM

PS - Their picture on the website doesn't even make sense and is not a possible layout, unless its just a placeholder.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM

231 posts, read 585,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Im really close to the yardley, and while I hope this project happens, as it should boost my property value, they better not kill my rooftop view.

From what neighbors have said, it may be all hear say, but they have been trying to develop yardley into something big, but it comes down to the ground its sitting on. Personally I'd say clean it up and make it into some nice roomy lofts.
You must be close to the park then around 1st/2nd st. What a nice job they've done with the park. The baseball field, mini soccer field and tennis courts are great. I was there over the weekend. Unfortunately the courts were packed and I needed to relocate.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Yea I'm right in between the Yardley and that park. I haven't completely moved in yet, but I'm glad to see there is a nice clean dog park there as well.

Otherwise, Im trying to figure out where to catch the fireworks from this year. This might be a separate thread to create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonsquad View Post
You must be close to the park then around 1st/2nd st. What a nice job they've done with the park. The baseball field, mini soccer field and tennis courts are great. I was there over the weekend. Unfortunately the courts were packed and I needed to relocate.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:57 AM

11 posts, read 35,589 times
Just as an update I have seen some new developments finishing up and or starting up. Jade Court on Park Ave seems to be a nice 2 building development and the prices seem affordable. Also on 38th between Kennedy and Bergenline there seems to be a new development going up named the Union Square. I have also noticed they have demolished most of 12th street between central and west. It seems like it is going to be a very large development. If anyone else can share any updates in UC please share. Its amazing to be part of a good city heading in the right direction.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:54 AM

989 posts, read 1,869,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
I know that Union City is up and coming and a great buy right now.

I'd think it through carefully before buying in Union City. Yes, Park Avenue is undergoing some gentrification, but Union City is a big city. Most of it's not a very desirable place. I'm not yet sold on this hype that Union City is becoming the next Hoboken. One more thing to note is that the already high property taxes in Union City are going to balloon in the next few years with all of the new school construction not to mention the quality of the schools leave much to be desired. Do you homework before investing in Union City if you're planning on living there for the long term.

Last edited by izannimda; 08-01-2009 at 10:17 AM..

Old 08-01-2009, 07:12 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,938,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
I'd think it through carefully before buying in Union City. Yes, Park Avenue is undergoing some gentrification, but Union City is a big city. Most of it's not a very desirable place.
No it's not. It's actually a very small city.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:25 PM

989 posts, read 1,869,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
No it's not. It's actually a very small city.
Very small? Okay sure.....nevermind....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey