U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2009, 08:12 PM

6 posts, read 12,759 times
Default commuting from hoboken to piscataway

Hi, does anyone have an opinion on living in hoboken and commuting to piscataway for work? Does this seem reasonable? Google maps says 50 min. Does that sound accurate? Crazy traffic? Best routes?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 AM

231 posts, read 341,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisee View Post
Hi, does anyone have an opinion on living in hoboken and commuting to piscataway for work? Does this seem reasonable? Google maps says 50 min. Does that sound accurate? Crazy traffic? Best routes?

Thanks
I did this commute about 10 years ago for a summer and it was fine. Hop on the turnpike to exit 11 and take 287 to my exit (~7 I think) was the way I did it. 45-50 minutes sounds about right. 287 is the worst part of the trip. It can get pretty backed up. The turnpike is smooth sailing. Getting into hoboken, especially on friday after work, is a pain too.

My commute was done in a pickup truck with vinyl seats and no AC!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 AM

9 posts, read 29,028 times
I drove back and forth from Piscataway to Hoboken many times several years back when I was living in Piscataway and going to school part time in Hoboken. I think the poster above is right about the basic route. I would worry about 287 north in the morning, though, as I know that is notoriously bad. One other option, which is out of the way but perhaps no traffic, would be turnpike to 78 to 287 south. Or, turnpike to 78 eventually to 22 then take Washington Ave into Piscataway, which may be OK depending on where in Piscataway you're heading.

Good luck!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:52 AM

6 posts, read 12,759 times
Great! Thanks for your help people Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't attempting the absurd.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:06 PM

3,359 posts, read 4,846,360 times
You can also avoid the Pike altogether and take the Skyway to I-78 in Newark as above. Avoiding the Tpike is the politically correct thing to do when possible, also why pay to sit in lines to pay a toll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey