Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,985,555 times

Advertisements

I went to this mall in Paramus, NJ, today, for the first time, and it seems to have a multitude of Hispanics, many born here, and others from different countries, visiting and working there. So what I am trying to find out is: Are there large Hispanics sections in this part of NJ or NY, that are near this mall?

This is not intended to be an inquiry in any degoratory manner, I am just curious. Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 PM

322 posts, read 1,192,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I went to this mall in Paramus, NJ, today, for the first time, and it seems to have a multitude of Hispanics, many born here, and others from different countries, visiting and working there. So what I am trying to find out is: Are there large Hispanics sections in this part of NJ or NY, that are near this mall?

This is not intended to be an inquiry in any degoratory manner, I am just curious. Thank you,
Yes, there is a very large Hispanic population in Northern New Jersey. Both legal and illegal.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,024,040 times
Quote:

north jersey, and the ny metropolitan area in general, has a very large latino population.

garden state plaza is a so-called super-regional mall that attracts people from all over north jersey as well as nyc. the mall's clientele is certainly not limited to paramus or bergen county alone.

you do the math.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:29 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,944,731 times
Quote:
So what I am trying to find out is: Are there large Hispanics sections in this part of NJ or NY, that are near this mall?
Yes. Probably for at least a 10 mile radius around the mall.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:04 AM

380 posts, read 707,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
Yes, there is a very large Hispanic population in Northern New Jersey. Both legal and illegal.
Does it make a difference what their immigration status is?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,985,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Yes. Probably for at least a 10 mile radius around the mall.
Do you know the name of the cities or towns? Thank you,

Old 06-19-2009, 09:37 PM

256 posts, read 839,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
Does it make a difference what their immigration status is?
yes

To the OP: look at Passaic.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Do you know the name of the cities or towns? Thank you,
every county in northeastern nj has a fairly significant (and sometimes enormous) latino presence. listing all of the towns within a 10 mile radius of the mall that happen to have a lot of latinos would take forever.

you shouldn't assume that the latinos you saw at garden state plaza are exclusively from bergen county and/or a 5-10 mile radius around the mall, as gsp is in very close proximity to several other counties with huge latino populations, including the nyc boroughs.

Last edited by pbergen; 06-19-2009 at 10:45 PM..

Old 06-19-2009, 11:10 PM

191 posts, read 589,535 times
i find this whole post very strange. i've lived in bergen county most of my life and have frequented garden state plaza countless times. i've never seen a multitude or large majority of hispanics there - and how do you judge if they're born here or not? perhaps you notice them more because you're more sensitive to their presence for some reason. and i think there are a variety of races working at gs plaza - lots of asians, african-americans, latinos and caucasians.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotato View Post
i find this whole post very strange. i've lived in bergen county most of my life and have frequented garden state plaza countless times. i've never seen a multitude or large majority of hispanics there - and how do you judge if they're born here or not? perhaps you notice them more because you're more sensitive to their presence for some reason. and i think there are a variety of races working at gs plaza - lots of asians, african-americans, latinos and caucasians.
my thoughts exactly. gsp attracts people of all races, ethnicities, income levels, and so forth. it's really a melting pot of people from throughout the region, rather than being dominated by any particular group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey