Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
There definetly is a double standard. I think that a police officer should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen. I don't Know how the police are in Texas desert sun41 but here in Newark, NJ that are absolutely terrible. They are horrendous. The police in Newark have to be some of the worst in the world. I know they have to deal with some difficult stuff here in Newark but this is where they chose to be cops. You wouldn't believe some of the things I have seen Newark police do. Just last week I was walking home from work and I was walking down Emmet St. (industrial area in the Ironbound section) a little after midnight and I saw a Newark police officer parked alongside a truck, kind of out of view from passing traffic, and he was receiving oral sex from a prostitute. He was in a marked cruiser and I walked to the other side of the street because if you see a Newark cop doing something illegal and he sees you see him it could get ugly. Every Newark resident knows this.
I am well aware of what goes on there, I grew up there. It's all over though. They have the gun and we are just peasants. Some day I hope us peasants take back our streets from the members of the worlds largest steet gang of thugs. That incident I spoke of was not in Texas, it was in Las Vegas, home of the 2nd highest rate of pig brutality next to Portland, Oregon.

Good day to ya....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Thank you!

It drives me nuts when people say "All cops are 'pigs'" (which, is another term I rather hate, as well...). If you don't like it...save up some money, and move to your (general your) own personal island where you can set your own rules.

Thank god for cops & teachers or we would have nothing to moan about except taxes...lol

Old 06-22-2009, 08:31 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Thank god for cops & teachers or we would have nothing to moan about except taxes...lol
LOL

Old 06-22-2009, 09:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Let's hope you NEVER need one
That is a blanket statement kind of like saying all financial people are major crooks because of Bernie Madoff
There are bad apples in every profession

And all though very tragic this was hardly murder as defined by NJ law
when am i going to need one? cops show up AFTER the crime has happened. you think a cop is just going to luckily be there when me or my family is being attacked or that they will leave the dunkin donuts fast enough to get there before the perp leaves? i dont think so. i have springfield, walther and american arms ready in case i need any assistance.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:00 AM
EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
when am i going to need one? cops show up AFTER the crime has happened. you think a cop is just going to luckily be there when me or my family is being attacked or that they will leave the dunkin donuts fast enough to get there before the perp leaves? i dont think so. i have springfield, walther and american arms ready in case i need any assistance.
Cops being present can decrease the rate of crime. I used to work for a Dunkin' (oh, by the way, after three years of working there, I sold maybe - MAYBE 5 donuts to cops...most come for just the coffee). The nights there weren't any cops coming in were the nights my store got robbed. I always worked when the officers came in, so I didn't worry about it. Not far off from my store was a Subway - no police activity there....and they were consistently robbed.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Why do cops ever do stupid things without at LEAST their lights????? To lazy to flip a switch? IS there ANY reason NOT to turn them on????????

BTW people think I am nuts, but I've got a progressive "Black box" in my car and I love it. First, it dropped my insurance down to nearly nothing. ... secondly if anything happens one day, Progressive has logs of everything that happened just like the cops. The only other thing I want is a constant recording video camera in my car. I am close to installing one, with the madness that exists in drivers around here.
Joe the simple answer is because they can. No one will tell them the rules, they make the rules. Think of what might happen to you if you stopped a cop and told him hey.....you did not use your directionals since I been following you 20 miles back. In fact you also rolled each stop sign and been gabbing on the phone most of the time. I also seen you illegally pass in the shoulder when you thought the 2 cars in the 2 legal lanes were going to slow. You also were exceeding the artifically low speed limit the whole time.

What do you think that cop would do to you if you stopped him and said this? What do you think would happen to you if you called the police station to report him? What do you think would happen if you just filmed the whole thing, said nothing but went to the media with it? I suspect your life would be over. You F with them and you might as well F with the Mafia.

There are 2 sets of rules today.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Cops being present can decrease the rate of crime. I used to work for a Dunkin' (oh, by the way, after three years of working there, I sold maybe - MAYBE 5 donuts to cops...most come for just the coffee). The nights there weren't any cops coming in were the nights my store got robbed. I always worked when the officers came in, so I didn't worry about it. Not far off from my store was a Subway - no police activity there....and they were consistently robbed.
Was this in NJ? I can remember the Dunkin Donuts on St George Av in Avenel and they all came in for freebees. If Dunkin refused which they did sometimes depending on the manager then they would drive over to McDonalds on St George to see if they can grobble some free food from them. This is disgusting and a gross misuse of power.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Was this in NJ? I can remember the Dunkin Donuts on St George Av in Avenel and they all came in for freebees. If Dunkin refused which they did sometimes depending on the manager then they would drive over to McDonalds on St George to see if they can grobble some free food from them. This is disgusting and a gross misuse of power.
No, it wasn't in NJ. And the owner of the store was a jerk, got mad at the police for fining him for something (something he needed to be fined for) - and started making police pay full price for everything.

So, there is no misuse of power in this situation. I offered top-notch service, as did a couple of my coworkers, and they were willing to pay for it. And guess what? Most of them left decent tips...too

Old 06-22-2009, 11:46 AM

380 posts, read 709,478 times
[quote=desertsun41;9407618]Was this in NJ? I can remember the Dunkin Donuts on St George Av in Avenel and they all came in for freebees. If Dunkin refused which they did sometimes depending on the manager then they would drive over to McDonalds on St George to see if they can grobble some free food from them. This is disgusting and a gross misuse of power.[/quote

I remember one time I was at a store in New Brunswick and a cop become agitated because the Indian guy charged him full price for the coffee. The cop went into the guys tip jar and paid the difference.
If you work for the water company do you pay for water? YES
Why if a police officer gets caught speeding on his personal time will he not be given a ticket by another officer?
Police should be held to a higher standard when it comes to the law.
If a police officer gets away with some sort of crime no matter how insignificant its the same thing as a firefighter being an arsonist. HYPOCRITICAL!
Also this "blue wall of silence" garbage where one cop will back up another till the end no matter how heinous his actions were is sickening.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 AM
EB2

[quote=contachster;9408871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Was this in NJ? I can remember the Dunkin Donuts on St George Av in Avenel and they all came in for freebees. If Dunkin refused which they did sometimes depending on the manager then they would drive over to McDonalds on St George to see if they can grobble some free food from them. This is disgusting and a gross misuse of power.[/quote

I remember one time I was at a store in New Brunswick and a cop become agitated because the Indian guy charged him full price for the coffee. The cop went into the guys tip jar and paid the difference.
If you work for the water company do you pay for water? YES
Why if a police officer gets caught speeding on his personal time will he not be given a ticket by another officer?
Police should be held to a higher standard when it comes to the law.
If a police officer gets away with some sort of crime no matter how insignificant its the same thing as a firefighter being an arsonist. HYPOCRITICAL!
Also this "blue wall of silence" garbage where one cop will back up another till the end no matter how heinous his actions were is sickening.
My brother is a Deputy Sheriff, and has gotten quite a few speeding tickets while off duty. He wants to fly, he pays the price. The cops don't let him off because he is a cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey