Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,635 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move to middletown township and we have some questions about the commute and safety of neighborhoods...
How bad is the commute? Are Port Monmouth and Leonardo good areas to live in?

...THANKS everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 12:15 PM

88,044 posts, read 83,879,518 times
My husband and I are looking to move to middletown township and we have some questions about the commute and safety of neighborhoods...
How bad is the commute?

You should get answers from folks with better knowledge than I, but I am also planning to move down that way within the next year. I can tell you that I am currently commuting about an hour and 20 minutes door-to-door from a Bergen County town that's only about 35 miles NW of the city, and I've done the Middletown commute (have friends there) and it wasn't that much longer. The stations are further apart down on the Jersey Coast Line than they are on the Bergen Line.

My friend's kids are in the Middletown school system and she is happy with the schools. I do know that there is some sort of affectation that Middletown South High School is "better" than Middletown North (my friend's kids go to Middletown North) and that a common question is "what high school do you go to" as a judgement of your status or something, but again, she is happy with Middletown North. I've been looking down there off and on, and as Middletown is divided into about 7 different areas, she says all are fine--some areas are quite wealthy; however, she warned against the section called "North Middletown" for some reason.

The town has absolutely everything you need as far as stores and services, and is 20 minutes from the ocean besides, which is the draw for me.

As I said, others on here will likely have more indepth information than I do.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,738,575 times
It's a great area! I lived there for ten years and loved it. North Middletown was once Keansburg and now they call it NMT and it's ok but Middletown is a lot nicer. Not far from everything; beaches, shopping, NYC, major hwys...

Old 10-07-2009, 08:51 PM

12 posts, read 43,831 times
I've been here 30 years, Middletown is Safe PERIOD. Don't listen to anyone who says different. MONEY Magazine rated Middletown as 2rd safest place to live in the country for it's size compared to others of same size. It's 45 min to NYC, Close to Beach, PNC ART CENTER for Entertainment.. Sections rank as this if you want to spend 3Mill+ look in navesink section, 600k to 3mill look in Nut Swamp ,Chapel Hill,Oak hill, lincroft, locust sections. 400kto500k look in the New Monmouth sec, 200k to 400k port monmouth ,belford, Leonardo sections. all are safe but Middletown's best kept secret in my opinion will be the port monmouth section because you can pick up a house cheap it's safe and the new Port of Belford Project will start soon. Middletown Township - Planning - Port of Belford Project (http://www.middletownnj.org/planning/belford.asp - broken link)

OH, DID I MENTION BON JOVI LIVES HERE ALONG WITH OTHER FAMOUS STARS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlet...ip,_New_Jersey

Last edited by NJhighTaxes; 10-07-2009 at 09:30 PM..

Old 10-08-2009, 12:36 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,907,658 times
Middletown ranked #2 for safety? That's awesome! Brick was ranked #1 and Toms River was ranked #3. That's pretty cool that Jersey claims the top three spots. I guess those "overpaid" cops are doing something right.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,094 times
NOT MIDDLETOWNSHIP ughh sorry our school rivals a bit with them, but it is a pretty nice place to live so and safety is not a problem, good luck with it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey