Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 08:07 PM

83 posts, read 411,798 times

Advertisements

I'm planning to commute to Jersey City. Please share your thoughts regarding parking situation in ABERDEEN-MATAWAN railway station. Also how's the train service between Aberdeen & Newark Penn. Any issues please elaborate.

I'm in a toss between North Brunswick and Aberdeen. In North Brunswick I like Renaissance Glen/Manor but parking in Jersey Ave or New Brunswick is difficult. So I'm looking at Aberdeen. I like the Avalon there.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 07:20 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techieguy View Post
I'm planning to commute to Jersey City. Please share your thoughts regarding parking situation in ABERDEEN-MATAWAN railway station. Also how's the train service between Aberdeen & Newark Penn. Any issues please elaborate.

I'm in a toss between North Brunswick and Aberdeen. In North Brunswick I like Renaissance Glen/Manor but parking in Jersey Ave or New Brunswick is difficult. So I'm looking at Aberdeen. I like the Avalon there.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
this is easy.
there is little to no parking available there, you might be able to get a monthly spot in a private lot near the station. stores have been torn down because the property owners make more charging big bucks to stranded newbies who bought a house without checking out things first. there might be room at the hazlet station but less rush hour trains stop there

Old 04-16-2007, 03:23 PM

348 posts, read 430,344 times
There is a 7 year wait for a parking sticker there! But, if you get there very early (before 630 AM), you'll find plenty of spots open in the daily section. If you go later than that 630, you'll be out of luck for the most part.

Forget the private lots--they are booked solid too!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:12 PM

106 posts, read 431,420 times
The 2 people before me pretty much said it all about Aberdeen.
I have a friend who lives a block away. She has a huge driveway and the rent she charges for 5 cars pays her mortgage each month.

From Aberdeen to Newark Penn it's only about 45 minutes.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:28 AM

83 posts, read 411,798 times
Thanks everyone for your feedback. This pretty much nixes Aberdeen from my list of possible places to live/commute.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:49 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,657 times
I'll just add that my husband was on Aberdeen's waiting list, it's been six years and he's still waiting. We had been on Hazlet's for six years, and his permit just came through this last year. It's crazy isn't it?

Old 04-19-2007, 12:24 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer16 View Post
I'll just add that my husband was on Aberdeen's waiting list, it's been six years and he's still waiting. We had been on Hazlet's for six years, and his permit just came through this last year. It's crazy isn't it?

It's not crazy. it is the effect of poor planning by municipal, county and state officials.
They allow development to happen in a vacuum without the proper regional awareness of what long term planning is needed.
I am not against growth, but in NJ you have massive growth while the supporting infrastructure in not enhanced to deal with the growth.

For example the parking problem at Aberdeen is not caused by growth in Aberdeen, it is caused by the massive development happening in Marlboro, Manalapan, Freehold, Howell and Old bridge.

Until a longer, more regional, more comprehensive approach is taken, the situation cannot and will not change

Old 04-19-2007, 12:27 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,657 times
Good points.

And it's still crazy.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Amen. Well perhaps if the MOM project gets off the ground, some of the transit demand can be shifted to stations closer to the residents of some of those high-growth, sprawling towns; and perhaps the growth there would become more transit-oriented.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 25,617 times
hey I have a question about parking in Matawan-Aberdeen train station. I currently park in the "private" daily spaces, which fill up around 7 or so. I wanted to know if anyone had the phone numbers of the private lots, since I can't seem to find them anywhere else. This one lot called "Hallerans" parking looked to have some vacancy, but I can't find the phone number however. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey