Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 07:58 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
I have a feeling this one is going to die quickly like the brazilian waxing thing.
you cant get a brazilian wax while driving? damn, we were going to kill two birds with one stone on our way to the shore tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
were also number 1 with speed traps,traffic light cams etc

Watch Your Wallet When Driving Through These 10 States

I never heard about gps related accidents on the news. Whats next eating in the car?

Also WORST drivers were New Jerseyans last year!

GPS now? Ugh. I've only lived here 2 years and am starting to hate it lol.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:38 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
Quote:
New Jersey to Consider Banning Drivers from Operating GPS

i swear who comes up with this stuff our state is slowing turning into a Communist state

I swear, the elected officials are smoking weed. Or should be.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:40 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Why not just require people to stay at home with the doors locked and the blinds shut? Maybe pass a law against driving? If the intent is safety, why not go all the way?

But the intent isn't really safety, is it?

Hey, I've got a more practical solution, one that will increase safety, lower costs, and will simultaneously remove unsafe drivers from the road: instead of setting up DWI checkpoints, set up car insurance checkpoints. Put them in places like Frelinghuysen Ave in Newark, or Market St in Paterson. Have every 5th or 8th car pulled over for a random insurance check.

Wouldn't that be cute? Not to mention more practical?

Guess what? There's no revenue to be generated in that case. Those who would be apprehended wouldn't have enough money in their accounts to pay up the fine. And the state is so overburdened on the criminal side, the perpetrators couldn't be incarcerated for any length of time. So, instead, we target those who have the fancy devices, middle class and upper middle class people.

Love when we agree mike. NUTS.

I have always said if they want to really banish distracted driving they should have to provide car service for parents to send their kids off in a separate car.... because anyone driving w/ their kids is FAR more distracted than someone "touching" *gasp* their GPS.....

Old 06-27-2009, 02:26 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,584,927 times
Hey this is NJ, they will probably just ban self-service GPS and only if 48 other states allow it.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:39 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
civil war? oh you mean the war of northern aggression.
No, he means the war of politics and cash.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:42 PM

5,340 posts, read 4,427,425 times
Quote:
New Jersey to Consider Banning Drivers from Operating GPS

i swear who comes up with this stuff our state is slowing turning into a Communist state

Slowly? Our fine state has been on the downward spiral to communism for quite a while.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:02 AM

1,387 posts, read 4,016,359 times
I guess its pretty dangerous to program your GPS while driving. I always park on the side of the road before I program mine.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,013 times
Quote:
were also number 1 with speed traps,traffic light cams etc

Watch Your Wallet When Driving Through These 10 States

I never heard about gps related accidents on the news. Whats next eating in the car?
No, I think the next one will be focused on chewing gum.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:25 AM

989 posts, read 1,876,985 times
One would think that it's common sense to just pull over somewhere if you need to reprogram your GPS or make a phone call. However, common sense has always been in short supply. God only knows how many people have been involved in deadly automobile accidents while multitasking, and doing a hundred things at a time while driving.

Last edited by izannimda; 06-28-2009 at 08:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey