Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 08:07 PM

538 posts, read 2,457,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
It's just common sense. If all you can do is whine about how bad the state is overall, then it's foolish for you to continue living there. It's also ignorant to single out NJ as having certain problems which are not at all unique to the state.

Lower taxes - that would make NJ better? Not if it translates to reduced services. Honest politicians would be an improvement anywhere; is anyone so naive as to believe that there can be a place where all the politicians are honest? Where is this place? Same goes for "less angry people"; what kind of drugs does a person take to think that any one state has significantly "less angry people" than another???

And how does anyone figure that "everyone is ready to snap in NJ"??? What I honestly believe is that you have propensity to over-generalize and you tell people your negative, prejudicial over-generalizations. Then, when people get the slightest bit defensive (surprise surprise), you think "Wow, man, another angry person ready to snap!"

I think you should lay off the Phish food - you know, the narcotic type.
Ok, bro. With that post, along with your "Don't Hunterdon Bergen" quote, I'll assume that your intent on here is to merely be confrontational. Happy 4th of July.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:57 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish Head View Post
Ok, bro. With that post, along with your "Don't Hunterdon Bergen" quote, I'll assume that your intent on here is to merely be confrontational. Happy 4th of July.
Ok, bro. With this "Why is everyone ready to snap in NJ?" thread, along with your "Don't Jersey Hunterdon" quote, I'll assume that your intent on here is to merely be confrontational. Happy 4th of July.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:54 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Such negativeness. Perhaps I'm just used to it, but I don't see people walking around yelling obscenities ready to snap. Of course people are stressed out, and rightly so, with a bad economy, job losses, high taxes, etc. There are friendly people and jerks everywhere. Welcome to life.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:07 PM

318 posts, read 450,845 times
I don't think the problem of people being ready to snap is just an NJ problem. Whether people want to admit it or not, as Americans we have a sense of entitlement, the average person wants to be waited on hand and foot. Nobody wants to wait for anything. People want instant gratification, and when they don't get things exactly as they want it, then we see them getting ready to snap.

I'm not trying to criticize America at all. I love my country. However, I'm not sure where most people get the attitude that they are more important then everyone else.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:59 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,127 times
Don't worry Jersey, Comrade Corzine will be gone soon and your stress will lessen!

This thread makes me think of the latter day's of Florio.
While the economy tanks Comrade Corzine counts his billions while figuring out, yet another way, to tax your hard earned dollars away.

Keep the faith Jersey, the ex-patriots are praying for your great return!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:04 PM

318 posts, read 450,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Don't worry Jersey, Comrade Corzine will be gone soon and your stress will lessen!

While the economy tanks Comrade Corzine counts his billions while figuring out, yet another way, to tax your hard earned dollars away.

I can see you put a lot of thought into that post, it made so much sense.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Talking You asked DUDE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish Head View Post
You're right dude, its just me.
Why dude, would you, dude, start a thread, dude, which asks a question, dude, then you give a snarky reply, when a lady NOT a dude, responded to your post?

Isn't there a song "Hey dude, don't call me dude"

And besides, you are correct, it's not just you dude, there are several other severely unhappy people posting on this thread. However, I am not one of them.

Karma sweet Karma.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:13 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Smile Seattle calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was born and raised in Jersey, so I know Jersey quite well. Let me assure you that, back in 1999, when the economy was a strong as it could ever be, the people were still total pricks and even then they were loud, rude, and IN YOUR FACE for no reason.

Hmm "Pricks" those are pretty strong words don't ya think? Seems you're the angry one here.
Tell me, back in 1999, were you the ripe old age of 17? I'll bet you had a plethora of life experiences.

I have never seen a group of people as easily offended as Jerseyians. Stratch your head around here and someone will get within two inches of your face and scream, in that horable Jersey accent: "HEY! WHATCHA' DOIN' STRACHIN' YOUR HEAD 'ROUND ME FOR!? YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I'M ANDY FIGGEROLI! YOU GOTTA PROBLEM 'WIT ANDY FIGGEROLI!?"

Geez are you going to make fun of any more nationalities? Let me know if you're going to do an immitation of the Asian, Irish, or perhaps the African American people. No wonder you're afraid of getting a Facebook account.

Majority of people who call this state home are rude, loud, easily offended, overly emotional, and someohow manage to be egotistical while having no sense of shame in their awful behavior.

Take a good hard look at the man in the mirror. Start with yourself.

I think I know what the cause of the problem is, but it is so politically incorrect to say that my message will be deleted if I come out and say what everyone is thinking. I will only say that a large portion of the people in this state, as well as other awful states in the North East, are the descendants of people who, in the last century, came to America from a certain place in Europe...

o m g......you need professional help. After you move to Seattle, before you unpack your goth makeup and razor blades, pick up the yellowpages and find a professional board certified Psychiatrist.

ohhhhh happy day...... Mazal Tov

Fortunately, I will be leaving soon, and I will be in the Pacific North West with a more civilized population.
No my friend, the fortune is all ours.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:34 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post

I will be voting for Comrade Corzine, and Florio, in my opinion, was one of the best governors we've had.

Why don't you worry about Georgia? You have absolutely no stake in NJ. If I wanted to live in a backwards, Repubican-dominated state I'd move to Georgia, or some other backwards southern state where they hate "yankees".

Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 AM

27 posts, read 77,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birney30 View Post
It has been this way in NJ for quite some time. I have never seen so many ego-maniacs in my life. It's amazing that with everyone's big heads that they can all fit in this state. It's like people are so afraid that you're beating them to something or cheating them out of something. People are always on edge just waiting to argue and fight. It's like god damn, calm the F down already. Take 5 mins for once and try to enjoy yourself, don't worry so much what the next guy is doing. This is everywhere to, in the stores people just walk into you and don't say nothing, people cut you off and beep their horn but yet they don't have the balls to look at you, They look the opposite way as they pass you which I always laugh at, everyone's a tough guy when their in their car. It's not just with strangers and in public, it's in the work place and every where else.

The worst drivers on the road have to be mercedes drivers, I believe their just pissed off because their the dumb ones paying way to much for a toyota look alike.
Perfect post, couldn't have said it better myself! - but I disagree with the car. Mercedes drivers drive like they are clueless. But the worst drivers have Dodge Magnums and Chevy Avalanches (or Escalades with the bed) they drive with the attitude you described above and cut everyone off. I just hope these people kill themselves on a tree before they involve someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey