U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:13 PM

538 posts, read 1,589,813 times
Default Why is everyone ready to snap in NJ?

Maybe it's just me, but just about everyone I meet in NJ seems like they are 2 seconds away from losing it. Is it the economy? I've lived through bad economic conditions before I can't recall people acting this way. I travel throughout the northeast and it just seems so bad in NJ and NY.

Maybe its the media that has everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for the next crisis. Will the day come when people once again act civil to each other in NJ?

Anyone else finding this more and more in NJ?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:07 PM

2,897 posts, read 5,001,850 times
I made a thread of this on Thursday entitled "Is NJ the official land of a**holes?"

There's no denying that the economic flush down the toilet is the cause. I've noticed a couple people who normally wouldn't snap are now snapping unless their profession isn't effected. The sad part is this is noone's fault, atleast noone who we interact with, so we can't let them win by descending into miserable slaves.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM

63 posts, read 105,322 times
Talking Not just here in the Northeast.

I was browsing the boards of other states and there are similar threads on them basically asking the same question so it's not just here in New Jersey or the Northeast. Apparently everyone is losing it these days.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:27 PM

2,348 posts, read 2,851,748 times
Yeah i've noticed it too. But i've noticed it for some time now. So I could imagine how it is now in some areas.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:33 PM

272 posts, read 770,495 times
People (especially in Northern NJ) have had a bad reputation long before the economy tanked. Its a cultural thing. Majority of people around here just aren't very friendly. Of course I'm the exception to the rule. We live in a very high stress area. I know when I travel out in some rural areas I feel like a completely different person. When I return the stress level rises.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:43 PM

1,235 posts, read 2,339,883 times
I think it's the economy combined with all of this rain.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 PM

10,427 posts, read 29,083,342 times
People are stressed. People are always afraid their job will be the next one to be axed. People are worried about the future with all the crooked corrupt govt extorting more and more from our pay checks.

As some one said already, simular threads are in most other cities/states/towns. It's not just NJ. But NJ and NY always had a reputation for rudeness. Maybe it got worse now.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,030,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
I think it's the economy combined with all of this rain.
it's the rain first, the economy second

Old 06-30-2009, 09:02 PM

25 posts, read 76,014 times
It has been this way in NJ for quite some time. I have never seen so many ego-maniacs in my life. It's amazing that with everyone's big heads that they can all fit in this state. It's like people are so afraid that you're beating them to something or cheating them out of something. People are always on edge just waiting to argue and fight. It's like god damn, calm the F down already. Take 5 mins for once and try to enjoy yourself, don't worry so much what the next guy is doing. This is everywhere to, in the stores people just walk into you and don't say nothing, people cut you off and beep their horn but yet they don't have the balls to look at you, They look the opposite way as they pass you which I always laugh at, everyone's a tough guy when their in their car. It's not just with strangers and in public, it's in the work place and every where else.

The worst drivers on the road have to be mercedes drivers, I believe their just pissed off because their the dumb ones paying way to much for a toyota look alike.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,038,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birney30 View Post
It has been this way in NJ for quite some time. I have never seen so many ego-maniacs in my life. It's amazing that with everyone's big heads that they can all fit in this state. It's like people are so afraid that you're beating them to something or cheating them out of something. People are always on edge just waiting to argue and fight. It's like god damn, calm the F down already. Take 5 mins for once and try to enjoy yourself, don't worry so much what the next guy is doing. This is everywhere to, in the stores people just walk into you and don't say nothing, people cut you off and beep their horn but yet they don't have the balls to look at you, They look the opposite way as they pass you which I always laugh at, everyone's a tough guy when their in their car. It's not just with strangers and in public, it's in the work place and every where else.

The worst drivers on the road have to be mercedes drivers, I believe their just pissed off because their the dumb ones paying way to much for a toyota look alike.

Toyota = Lexus.

People can be ignorant and stupid and they are just as ignorant and stupid in NJ as they are everywhere else...just in a different way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey