U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 07:10 PM

6 posts, read 64,620 times

Advertisements

Hello
Am likely moving to the West Windsor/Robbinsville area in Mercer County. I was speaking to a friend who used to commute from the area and when I told her that it was ~60 minutes on the express train to NYC from Hamilton she said it definitely used to be shorter. Anyone know if this is the case? She thought maybe it was due to work amtrak is currently doing on the NE Corridor Track. If it is true is there any hope at all that the ride could come down 5-7 minutes in the future? Or is this just very wishful thinking?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 08:07 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,022,093 times
The express trains move slow for some reason, so they bypass most stops but go slow from what I've experienced on the NE corridor lately. I don't know if that's because they're pacing itself not to hit a local train stopped ahead or construction. If it's construction then that'll definitely get better, especially with the state and njtransit etc trying to interconnect the state with Nyc.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:43 PM
EB2

1,927 posts, read 5,232,268 times
NJtransit.com should help. Just plug in the addresses (starting point to destination). I've generally found the site to be pretty accurate, for the most part. I'm guessing they (NJ Transit) would put note of any possible delays, and perhaps what they may be caused from...someone else can chime in on that matter, though.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:20 AM

6 posts, read 64,620 times
Thanks. Yeah I have looked up the schedule and see the timing is about 60 minutes. Just curious if that will get any better once the amtrak construction is done.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 PM

1,536 posts, read 3,962,984 times
Wishful thinking. Even if (and I doubt it) the posted time gets a little better once the AMTRAK construction is finished (although, is it ever finished? they finish one project and start another) you'll find you need to build in a 5 to 10 minute delay on every NJ Transit train schedule anyway (not to mention another 5 minutes just to get off the darn train and up the stairs in claustrophobia-inducing NY Penn Station) so ballparking 60 minutes for the train travel portion of the trip is pretty much what you should be thinking.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:33 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,022,093 times
I agree with Lusitan, I'm a healthy guy and think those stairs suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or