Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:10 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
(I can name more than a handful of other states with same issues that would still talk smack about NJ) And as far as the others...what would they know about it? They don't have to live here!
the reality is that the biggest complainers are residents of new york city. the reason is because they need to shoot down new jersey because they need to justify living in a sewer where they pay incredible amounts of money. however, they have corruption, high taxes and filth in abundance.

my uncle and cousins live in manhattan and id hear it from them. i would always think, you live in an apartment in a building thats ugly on the outside and theres nowhere to park my car. where i live is a palace in comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 06:46 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
(I can name more than a handful of other states with same issues that would still talk smack about NJ) And as far as the others...what would they know about it?
Well......for one thing.....they know their not paying the highest property taxes of all 50 states ?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:43 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Well......for one thing.....they know their not paying the highest property taxes of all 50 states ?

I was unaware that property tax was the single defining element in rating a state.

(some of the hottest real-estate on the continent at that)

Old 09-07-2009, 08:45 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the reality is that the biggest complainers are residents of new york city. the reason is because they need to shoot down new jersey because they need to justify living in a sewer where they pay incredible amounts of money. however, they have corruption, high taxes and filth in abundance.

my uncle and cousins live in manhattan and id hear it from them. i would always think, you live in an apartment in a building thats ugly on the outside and theres nowhere to park my car. where i live is a palace in comparison.
Amazingly, my aunt/cousins live in the Bronx (parkchester) and they rag on NJ everytime they visit, but they complain how bad the Bronx is. Givem time...they'll move across the river lol.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,090,233 times
Well- I grew up next door in Pa and I can attest to the beauty of NJ. Not only does it have charming small towns, lakes and the sea--it also has the best peaches and tomatoes I have ever eaten. Pretty good corn too. I remember trips to Surf City and stopping on the way home to Phila for tomatoes and peaches that tasted luscious --wonderful memories.

You need to promote your state more--you have smart people--hardworking people--practical honest people--and good schools--I taught in your state when I was in my 20s and the kids were great--wonderful state--

Old 09-07-2009, 11:07 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
Well- I grew up next door in Pa and I can attest to the beauty of NJ. Not only does it have charming small towns, lakes and the sea--it also has the best peaches and tomatoes I have ever eaten. Pretty good corn too. I remember trips to Surf City and stopping on the way home to Phila for tomatoes and peaches that tasted luscious --wonderful memories.

You need to promote your state more--you have smart people--hardworking people--practical honest people--and good schools--I taught in your state when I was in my 20s and the kids were great--wonderful state--
Are you sure you're not a New Jersian?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:48 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Quote:

Jersey already has such a tarnished rep, it'll never work. More people want to visit Connecticut than Jersey. Connecticut for god's sake!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:36 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Jersey already has such a tarnished rep, it'll never work. More people want to visit Connecticut than Jersey. Connecticut for god's sake!
Put your proof out there. I don't think you have anything other than your own opinion.

Never has CT been a thought of mine to vacation in ever. Not that it's not a pretty state, but then what? Drive through it and that's good enough.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:04 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:

We DO have the greatest tomatoes, don't we? It's a combination of the climate conditions in our beautiful state coupled with the toxic waste in the soil. OK, maybe not. But they don't taste the same anywhere else.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post

If Jersey wants to make a better rep for itself, then they need to have something that's distinctly its own. What does Jersey have that other states don't have as well? That's why I keep saying Jersey has nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey