Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:10 PM

831 posts, read 2,437,330 times

Advertisements

If you have ever gone on the Florida Forum you'll see how bad it really is. NJ and NY are blamed for ruining the State. Its pathetic. I love NJ and can't wait to come home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
If you have ever gone on the Florida Forum you'll see how bad it really is. NJ and NY are blamed for ruining the State. Its pathetic. I love NJ and can't wait to come home.
I've always had a problem with that. People in NJ and NYC are not as bad as tv makes us out to be. I'm fortunate, I can get back oftern.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
How soon are you looking to come home?

I have a wonderful C-D friend trying to find her way to get back into NJ fast.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I understand exactly how you feel. Like alot of people here on CD I am fascinated by New England. But after reading what they think about us "Mid-Atlantic" types on the various *New England state forums, my once postive opinion is begining to change! Not so much about the beautiful states but the people themselves.

There is a thread called "New Yorkers in New Hampshire?" on the New Hampshire forum that is pretty obnoxious. NOT EVEN ONE person from New Hampshire challenged the OP for that negative thread.

As for New Jersey --- its pretty clear that New Jersey is both the most bashed state and one of the most underrated states in the country. I mentioned this quite a number of times on the general forums but unfortunately some of my fellow New Yorkers don't exactly help!

* to their credit I rarely read anything negative from people in Rhode Island or Vermont.
Don't let several rude people sour you on New England. I like NJ & NYC very much. And the NJ board on CD has the most intelligent posters IMO, so chill out

Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 PM

17 posts, read 40,210 times
I love New Jersey! I wish I could be back there tomorrow.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:38 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
I totally agree with you Shanny.

Oh how they make the Queen laugh !!
I say, carry on little trolls. Carry on. Keep us all in stitches !
Yes, they make me laugh.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:54 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,377 times
It's funny. When I first started this thread I was annoyed by all the bashing. The funny thing is, people that don't live here or has ever lived here for that matter tend to be the bashers.

I mean, hello??? Don't you have ANYTHING else better to do than come on a state board that you know nothing about other than passing through Newark airport once? Seriously, I don't go on the... say... North Dakota board and bash people in a state where I have never lived....weird, right?

Shanny

Old 09-02-2009, 04:02 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
It's funny. When I first started this thread I was annoyed by all the bashing. The funny thing is, people that don't live here or has ever lived here for that matter tend to be the bashers.

I mean, hello??? Don't you have ANYTHING else better to do than come on a state board that you know nothing about other than passing through Newark airport once? Seriously, I don't go on the... say... North Dakota board and bash people in a state where I have never lived....weird, right?

Shanny
Shanny, Just charge it to ignorance. They have nothing better to do with their time.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:12 PM

19 posts, read 41,977 times
I love New Jersey and all it has to offer.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:43 PM

110 posts, read 101,436 times
New Jersey is bashed on a regular basis on citydata. Their opinion is that NJ is filled with rude people. The people that say these things are normally from the south and watch nascar.

Last edited by HudsonCounty; 09-02-2009 at 05:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey