U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 AM

278 posts, read 548,847 times

Advertisements

I agree with you 100%. We are not 100% safe anywhere in life even in the best suburb or far away farm. It really does help not to be stupid about where you go and how you act when you get there. I have fished from the shore in Atlantic City in some so called nasty neighborhoods and have met some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet there. I try to treat people with the respect they deserve and hope they do the same with me.
PS the fishing is some of these places is great and fishermen seem to have a common bond regardless of race, color or income level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 07:28 AM

22,702 posts, read 28,590,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vman650 View Post
I agree with you 100%. We are not 100% safe anywhere in life even in the best suburb or far away farm. It really does help not to be stupid about where you go and how you act when you get there. I have fished from the shore in Atlantic City in some so called nasty neighborhoods and have met some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet there. I try to treat people with the respect they deserve and hope they do the same with me.
PS the fishing is some of these places is great and fishermen seem to have a common bond regardless of race, color or income level.
i definitely wouldnt propose that everybody or even the majority of people in the bad areas are bad people. my philosophy is that it only takes 1 person 1 time to attack you and it could change/end your life. so i just try to minimize situations where the odds of that attack happening are more likely (understanding that you are never 100% safe anywhere you go).

Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 PM

278 posts, read 548,847 times
Wise of you. One must however be careful not to spend one's life always looking behind your back. Once again, none of us are totally safe anywhere. It is just that there is a higher probability of danger in some areas as opposed to others. If those danger areas offer other rewards, they may be worth the risk. I could vacation in Nags Head instead of Atlantic City. There is very little to do there and it costs me about 2 times more to vacation there. I would rather accept the higher probability of danger in Atlantic City because of the fun it offers me. This is my personal decision, others may feel otherwise. Some may prefer the isolation and slow pace of Nags Head. As always, it is a matter of personal choice. Have a great weekend.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:42 PM

4 posts, read 22,819 times
Been to Atlantic City twice...first time in 2003 and the second time this past June 2009. I had a blast both times and plan on visiting again before the year is over. Actually, I plan on moving near AC. I did not feel unsafe at all on either visit. I walked on the boardwalk as well as the streets during the day and late at night. The Pier is great and so are the outlets. I enjoyed the Pier much more though.

I would appreciate a very decent location near AC for a single professional female. I do not want to be 30 minutes away from entertainment, yet I want access to public transportation, (train, bus, trolley) because I do not plan on driving my vehicle daily.

Also, what is the job market like?? I am a legal professional with a background in computers, so I am open to a career that falls within those categories.

Thank you in advance!!

Old 08-16-2009, 03:47 PM

4 posts, read 22,819 times
...also I stayed at the Tropicana Hotel (West Havana Tower) and it was absolutely wonderful. I can't speak on the other hotels on the strip because I have never stayed at any other, besides the Holiday Inn, which was during my first visit. It was okay, of course, nothing spectacular as my company and I were not looking for a sophisticated place to lay our heads. We were happy with the Holiday Inn as long as it was not overrun with roaches and it was not.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:41 AM

1,856 posts, read 2,894,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Single_n_SexY View Post
...also I stayed at the Tropicana Hotel (West Havana Tower) and it was absolutely wonderful. I can't speak on the other hotels on the strip because I have never stayed at any other, besides the Holiday Inn, which was during my first visit. It was okay, of course, nothing spectacular as my company and I were not looking for a sophisticated place to lay our heads. We were happy with the Holiday Inn as long as it was not overrun with roaches and it was not.
we are also staying at the holiday inn....wow i am so excited

Old 08-22-2009, 06:47 PM

4 posts, read 16,498 times
We just returned from a two night stay at Caesar's on the boardwalk. We had a wonderful time and even caught the air show! We watched it from the comfort of our room! My hubby likes to gamble a little, and I enjoyed window shopping at the Pier shops connected to Caesar's. My real shopping is in the dollar store and similar stores on the boardwalk between Caesar's and the Tropicana. We swam in the ocean right in front of the hotel and it was really nice, and cleaner than I expected. We enjoyed Atlantic City and will return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey