U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM

53,703 posts, read 70,219,660 times

Advertisements

i think this is a wonder idea. not everybody that hangs out in the park late at night is your daughter nor people you wana meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 06:52 PM

7,426 posts, read 11,851,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
If my daughter was hanging out in a park talking with her friends at 10 PM, that would not be a big deal to me...

I occasionally walk my dog in a park after dinner in the winter when it gets dark real early. Is there some kind of problem with that?

"it's illegal" is not a good argument. I actually have a brain and can think for myself. Dont need people to ticket me and take our money when we are not doing anything wrong!
First of all, are you a male?

Secondly, she and her friends may not have been doing anything wrong, but what happens when they are alone at a park and someone rapes them, or gives them drugs, or kidnaps them, murder them...how idiotic can you be? There is no problem being in a public place at a night, but a park is never safe to be in after dark. (Why do I even have to tell you this? It's COMMON SENSE).

Old 07-13-2009, 06:53 PM

3,920 posts, read 8,431,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
And if they eliminated fines and tickets, and raised taxes to replace the revenue those fines and tickets generate, you'd probably be the first one in line pissing and moaning that they raised taxes......

I guess building permits should be free? Sewer connections? Planning board applications? Business licenses? These all contribute to the cost of operating a city, and actually help to reduce taxes. I know that's hard to fathom when you're getting bent over with the taxes in NJ, but it's reality.
no, i would not be. If they did not try to disguise taxes in the form of traffic tickets, cigerate/alcohol taxes, various licenses, various permits, gasoline taxes, highway tolls, etc then people would realize that half there money is taken from taxes. Maybe people would take their heads out of their asses and stand up and say enough is enough.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
First of all, are you a male?

Secondly, she and her friends may not have been doing anything wrong, but what happens when they are alone at a park and someone rapes them, or gives them drugs, or kidnaps them, murder them...how idiotic can you be? There is no problem being in a public place at a night, but a park is never safe to be in after dark. (Why do I even have to tell you this? It's COMMON SENSE).
I am a male. I dont know any particulars about Linden NJ, but if you are at any park near where i live, you are not going to get raped or murdered no matter what time of day it is...

you people live your lives in fear. it is pathetic.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 PM

9,124 posts, read 31,501,702 times
Quote:
no, i would not be. If they did not try to disguise taxes in the form of traffic tickets, cigerate/alcohol taxes, various licenses, various permits, gasoline taxes, highway tolls, etc then people would realize that half there money is taken from taxes. Maybe people would take their heads out of their asses and stand up and say enough is enough.
Yeah! Maybe they could hold a tea party or something!!

Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM

7,426 posts, read 11,851,967 times
Quote:
I am a male. I dont know any particulars about Linden NJ, but if you are at any park near where i live, you are not going to get raped or murdered no matter what time of day it is...

you people live your lives in fear. it is pathetic.
it's different for females...but really EVERYONE needs to be cautious about that stuff.

we're not all lucky to live in pleasantville usa like you, where nothing bad happens to anyone.

Get with the program- no one is invincible. If nothing bad has happened to you or anyone you know, consider yourselves lucky. No one is invincible and you need to take measures to be cautious...especially females.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
it's different for females...but really EVERYONE needs to be cautious about that stuff.

we're not all lucky to live in pleasantville usa like you, where nothing bad happens to anyone.

Get with the program- no one is invincible. If nothing bad has happened to you or anyone you know, consider yourselves lucky. No one is invincible and you need to take measures to be cautious...especially females.
"There is nothing to fear, but fear itself"

Old 07-13-2009, 09:45 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,586,236 times
Quote:
Are you joking here? Or do you actually believe that ridiculous comment?

Yea, taxes don't pay for everything. There's a reason for petty fines. You know how broke a city or state would be if they didn't have municipal laws like things such as curfews for parks and parking tickets? You know how high taxes would be?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:02 PM

636 posts, read 1,193,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yea, taxes don't pay for everything. There's a reason for petty fines. You know how broke a city or state would be if they didn't have municipal laws like things such as curfews for parks and parking tickets? You know how high taxes would be?
You're bending over backwards to support a state that nickels and dimes you for ridiculous reasons.

Listen, I wouldn't want my kids in the park after 10, either. But that's the parents job to regulate, not the government. The government shouldn't be our mommy.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:07 AM

132 posts, read 437,670 times
Never mind the park, I think they should have curfews for all areas. We have large groups of teens wandering around aimlessly at night and I am sick of picking up their beer bottles and other garbage. Of course if the parents gave a shat then this would not be an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or