Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:10 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,259 times

Advertisements

i wouldnt drop a 3 year old off anywhere in trenton, any day of the week. are you crazy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
i wouldnt drop a 3 year old off anywhere in trenton, any day of the week. are you crazy?
LOL.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:53 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,952,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w9q View Post
What is wrong with Sundays?

Somebody suggested that if I could find such Sunday activity place, it would be packed. That means that the demand exists. Why no supply?

Thanks.
Because people usually try to spend Sundays with their families?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:55 PM
w9q w9q started this thread

8 posts, read 28,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
Our location is more in Princeton than in Trenton, and if we find something close to Princeton that is the best.

However, generally speaking, what is wrong with Trenton? Aren't there any families with both parents working full-time? How do they manage with kids?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:41 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,111 times
Quote:
Thanks to everyone for their responses.
I contacted the Little Gym in West Windsor. They actually have drop off gymnastics class for 3 year olds. It is one hour session on Saturday 11 AM, which is pretty close to our needs because it is on weekend, but we prefer Sunday.

I checked some other places and though I could find lots Monday-Saturday classes (with or without parents), no place has classes on Sundays. What is wrong with Sundays?

Thanks.
You see, I learned something new. I wasn't aware of anyone that offered 3yo drop off. I guess I never thought of dropping my 3 year old off because I stayed during, ballet and swimming classes when she was that age.

You might want to see if there are any Sunday School Programs in your area. Maybe they have something.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:21 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Quote:
Our location is more in Princeton than in Trenton, and if we find something close to Princeton that is the best.

However, generally speaking, what is wrong with Trenton? Aren't there any families with both parents working full-time? How do they manage with kids?
Trenton is a rather poor city. Of the 82K residents 21% + live below poverty level. 13% are married with children and 19% are single parents. The unemployment rate is over 17%. Crime/Gangs are fairly prevalent. Not the ideal place the drop off a child.

Have you thought about a sitter/nanny. Here is a local site to take a look at-
Care.com - Provider Search Results

Old 07-14-2009, 08:09 PM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times
I agree with many of the posts. Sundays are normally a family day for us. I would rather spend that day with the family. My other thought would be that when I bring my 3 year old to a class I like to stay. She is only 3. I do send her to pre-school though so she goes there for a couple hours M-F without me.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 PM
w9q w9q started this thread

8 posts, read 28,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee1213 View Post
I agree with many of the posts. Sundays are normally a family day for us. I would rather spend that day with the family. My other thought would be that when I bring my 3 year old to a class I like to stay. She is only 3. I do send her to pre-school though so she goes there for a couple hours M-F without me.
The situation in our family is that Saturday is totally a family day for us, and Monday-Friday is full time work and school. Sunday is a day to go out and have some fun and activities for us and for the kid. But even if I discard drop-off option and search for some sport classes for kid with parent - I still have not found anything yet on Sundays.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 AM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times
I live in Monmouth County and we have a great Park System. They have soccer, swimming, etc for mommy and me, even on Sundays. Is there a Park System or recreation department near you that has anything like this?

Old 07-15-2009, 06:39 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,259 times
Quote:

im not going to quote any statistics, but as previously noted by another poster, trenton is a poverty stricken, crime ridden city. especially on the weekends, the crime is out of control. maybe you can drop your 3 yr old off at the state house and let mr corzine babysit. ha. j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey