Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:25 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,891,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
It's fine if anyone doesn't like Corzine's pick, but to reduce him to "apprentice dude" is a ridiculous attempt to bash and smear a rather accomplished young man, a New Jerseyan and a Rutgers alumnus. Maybe he's not qualified to be Lt. Governor; maybe he is. But he's not just someone who won a reality show; it's not like Corzine picked Ruthie the drunken drug addict from MTV's "The Real World".
I am NOT a Corzine fan, and will happily vote against him when that opportunity comes. But I think we can acknowledge that the possible selection of Mr. Pinkett is not the worst decision our governor has made in office. Mr. Pinkett has appeared, in every place I've seen him, quite intelligent and well spoken, and actually has quite an impressive resume, which I'll bet is more than can be said about many other politicians in NJ. So he has no political experience. Every politician was in that position once, so it's not something for which he needs to be excoriated.
Whether we agree with his politics is an entirely different matter. Since Corzine likes him, I'm inclined to think his politics will not be much in tune with mine, but we'll see.

For me, the important question revolves around what position the Lt. Governor will actually hold. If I am correct, the Lt. Governor will be appointed by the Governor to be the head of a prinicpal department in the NJ beaurocracy. So what would Mr. Pinkett (or any other Lt. Governor) be actually RUNNING as he sits in that 2nd chair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:29 AM

5,815 posts, read 12,573,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I don't think you are or ever were a big fan of New Jersey, to put it mildly. Your name alone indicates as much. The whole corzine-bashing is just more of the angry republican backlash - they're still steaming mad that Obama is the president. That's why the biggest things they can pick on is "apprentice dude", as if that's such a horrid thing Corzine did in picking him for lt. gov.

The Corzine-bashing is getting as old as the rest of the Jersey-bashing. These threads might as well be full of "what exit?" and "joisey" snarks.
Corzine was disliked long before Obama became president. He does not relate to the people and has been very inaffective in leading and solving the states problems.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:59 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,949,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Corzine was disliked long before Obama became president. He does not relate to the people and has been very inaffective in leading and solving the states problems.
In addition, Corzine was a long-time supporter of Hillary Clinton until Obama wrapped up the nomination. It was a bit awkward at the rally on Tuesday when Obama talked about Corzine having the strength to make the tough calls -- and there was nothing offered of substance to substantiate that. It was obviously an obligation Obama felt to the party to try to keep a democratic governor in place in NJ, Obama clearly has no common ground with Corzine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey