U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,410,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Check out the Florida forums and look at some of the pics! It is gorgeous in most of this state! Everywhere you drive along the coast is beautiful. A photographers dream!
South Beach is paradise and has been voted the #1 Beach for the tenth year now!
The whole coast on both sides is beautiful. Swamps? I don't think so!
Now where would one go to take beautiful photos in Jersey?
Newark? Paterson? Trenton? The Hudson River? The Passaic River? Where is the stunning photography to be had there?
Maybe Manhattan, that is it!
Oh! The Jersey Shore? Yuck!
I love Florida!
Jersey, again, is a great place to visit.
I do miss the diners, deli's and the Italian restaurants and also the Stage Deli in Manhattan!
I couldn't agree more !!! When did a New Jersey beach ever get voted #1 .....except possibly by "Hospital Waste Monthly" magazine ?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 PM

540 posts, read 1,044,043 times
Quote:
Well said! NJ is a nice place to visit but would not want to go back there to live. I have great memories form there and glad I was fortunate to have been brought up there. I have been back once to visit family and all we did was shop. Rt.17 and Rt.4 Paramus. Nothing else to do there. It is the shopping Meca of the metropolitan area. Malls, Malls and more Malls and stores!
My family will not leave either. My Mom complains about all the high heating bills etc. and taxes. Here in Florida everything would be cut in less than half for her. She will not budge! Neither will my sisters! I hope to take a drive back in Oct. when the weather cools here.
Enjoy the bugs, humidity, mobile homes and brown grass (hey if you want to stereotype a state, I can do it as well as you).

Old 07-19-2009, 10:05 PM

2,585 posts, read 3,267,296 times
Quote:
Exaggeration to prove a point? Me thinks yes.

Have fun trolling in Fla.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 PM

59 posts, read 19,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I'm sure there are some in other states that see NJ as greener grass and would consider crossing any one of the bridges to get here, unfortunately, they would be probably be trampled to death by the hordes of people tired of paying the absurd taxes fleeing out of this state over the same bridges.
Out of all fifty states, New Jersey finished #1 in taxes and #2 in average state salary. So, the higher salaries offset the taxes. New Jersey must be doing something right because they are the densest state of all fifty. If you donít like New Jersey then move. What is stopping you?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 PM

59 posts, read 19,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Enjoy the bugs, humidity, mobile homes and brown grass (hey if you want to stereotype a state, I can do it as well as you).
You did not stereotype Florida, just gave the truth. Donít forget about the largest confederate flag in the world flying in the city of Tampa and the nascar culture that is present. If given a house in Florida, it would be on the market tomorrow.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 AM
EB2

1,919 posts, read 3,889,507 times
Quote:
Check out the Florida forums and look at some of the pics! It is gorgeous in most of this state! Everywhere you drive along the coast is beautiful. A photographers dream!
Newark? Paterson? Trenton? The Hudson River? The Passaic River? Where is the stunning photography to be had there?
I love Florida!
I do miss the diners, deli's and the Italian restaurants and also the Stage Deli in Manhattan!
Pfffffft - FL IS very pretty, but like everywhere else, has JUST as many "ugly" areas, too. I live on the coast - ALL of our beaches aren't magazine worthy, that would be a lie to say so. Bring a tourist down here for the first time during a heavy bout of our infamous red tide (few years ago the beach was over flowing with fish carcasses that were glowing in the dark [no lie] and had tumors galore. This was on the Gulf side, too, not in Tampa Bay). Most people don't think of central FL as being gorgeous (I, on the other hand, prefer it to our beaches. amazing wildlife in central FL).

Good comes with bad, and bad with good, NO matter where one chooses to live.

Some of my prettiest pictures come from NJ...and guess what....they're mostly nature related

Old 07-20-2009, 12:33 AM

1,447 posts, read 3,530,323 times
Quote:
So what if the OP is young....he makes a few vaild points in his post about this state.....why discredit what he says soley because hes young ?
i'm not "discrediting" him merely because he's young. i said what i did because he has a history of creating inane, pointless threads, then disappearing. but when you take his age into account, it makes more sense, as teenagers generally don't possess a whole lot of perspective with which to judge their little corner of the world versus other states/regions.

and his 1 or 2 semi-valid points about nj are more than offset by the rest of his claims, which are outlandish, sensationalistic, or false/speculative.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:50 AM

96 posts, read 27,665 times
Quote:
I love Florida!

..........and a top pay scale of 10.50 an hour.And you must speak spanish to work in a McDonalds,FL ...........really is not attractive at all.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 AM

96 posts, read 27,665 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more !!! When did a New Jersey beach ever get voted #1 .....?
......for beaches open only 4 months a year ..actualy NJ was voted to have 3 of the Best, and Mass had 2.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:57 AM

2,249 posts, read 3,816,214 times
To the OP...that's great you hate NJ...then move out. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey