Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:58 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times

Advertisements

What are you going to do?
We're sandwiched between the wealthiest, most important city in the nation and another runner up on the opposite end of us.

I just live my own life and live my life based on the decision i was born into, and i'm thankful to grow up in NJ.

sorry you have a deep hatred for it, because if you do, move somewhere where it's better.. your going to be disappointed what you might find because other states of problems of their own whether it's worst or better.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:41 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,974,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/PHILLY/NJ/NYC View Post
I know many people that would love to take your spot.
I'm sure there are some in other states that see NJ as greener grass and would consider crossing any one of the bridges to get here, unfortunately, they would be probably be trampled to death by the hordes of people tired of paying the absurd taxes fleeing out of this state over the same bridges.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:47 PM

[quote=STrapani1105;9841509 don't complain about how bad the state is, because it's out of your control.[/quote]

So the people in New Jersey have no control over their own state ? If thats not reason enough to pack up and leave I don't know what is ?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:52 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
So the people in New Jersey have no control over their own state ?
I love my state just the way it is. The ones like you that dont should move.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
guys, the OP is a high school kid, and all of his posts reflect his age and maturity level.
So what if the OP is young....he makes a few vaild points in his post about this state.....why discredit what he says soley because hes young ?

Old 07-19-2009, 06:30 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
nothing like that in South jersey. All is fine down here. Love it.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:26 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I may be a tad older then some of you. I remember when NJ had no sports and no news. The Nets and Devils came along later. NJ still has no football team as far as I am concerned. If you play in NJ, pay taxes in NJ and own homes in NJ then by golly you are a NJ team. But the Giants refuse to be labled with that dreaded NJ title. I thought that sense of not wanting to be associated with NJ has died off. Rot in hell Giants.

NJ did not have their own news till not too long ago. NJN is kinda new. Yes NJ was always stuck with NY this and NY on the news yet most Jersians hate New Yorkers and could care less about NY news.

When I first escaped NJ about 14 years ago I bad mouthed it. But as time passes you feel a sense of how NJ has shapped you into what you are today. I would never ever go back to NJ to live but I look forward to visiting family who are too stupid and stuborn to leave.

Whatever you feel about it you can never deny the memories you left behind. And I have plenty, of course they were better days back then. I sure hope to get back in about September.
Well said! NJ is a nice place to visit but would not want to go back there to live. I have great memories form there and glad I was fortunate to have been brought up there. I have been back once to visit family and all we did was shop. Rt.17 and Rt.4 Paramus. Nothing else to do there. It is the shopping Meca of the metropolitan area. Malls, Malls and more Malls and stores!
My family will not leave either. My Mom complains about all the high heating bills etc. and taxes. Here in Florida everything would be cut in less than half for her. She will not budge! Neither will my sisters! I hope to take a drive back in Oct. when the weather cools here.

Last edited by Blondie621; 07-19-2009 at 07:41 PM..

Old 07-19-2009, 07:31 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Well said! NJ is a nice place to visit but would not want to go back there to live. I have great memories form there and glad I was fortunate to have been brought up there. I have been back once to visit family and all we did was shop. Rt.17 and Rt.4 Paramus. Nothing else to do there. It is the shopping Meca of the metropolitan area. Malls, Malls and more Malls and stores!
My family will not leave either. My Mom compains about all the high heating bills etc. and taxes. Here in Florida everything would be cut in less than half for her. She will not budge! Neither will my sisters! I hope to take a drive back in Oct. when the weather cools here.
NJ may not be the greatest, but it is so much better than Swamp Land

Old 07-19-2009, 07:49 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
NJ may not be the greatest, but it is so much better than Swamp Land
Check out the Florida forums and look at some of the pics! It is gorgeous in most of this state! Everywhere you drive along the coast is beautiful. A photographers dream!
South Beach is paradise and has been voted the #1 Beach for the tenth year now!
The whole coast on both sides is beautiful. Swamps? I don't think so!
Now where would one go to take beautiful photos in Jersey?
Newark? Paterson? Trenton? The Hudson River? The Passaic River? Where is the stunning photography to be had there?
Maybe Manhattan, that is it!
Oh! The Jersey Shore? Yuck!
I love Florida!
Jersey, again, is a great place to visit.
I do miss the diners, deli's and the Italian restaurants and also the Stage Deli in Manhattan!

Old 07-19-2009, 08:22 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
My family will not leave either. My Mom complains about all the high heating bills etc. and taxes. Here in Florida everything would be cut in less than half for her. She will not budge! Neither will my sisters! I hope to take a drive back in Oct. when the weather cools here.
Oh yeah you are totally right. There is nothing at all to do in NJ. Only malls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey