Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 AM

43 posts, read 127,691 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for useful information!
At this point, I am leaning toward "Land of Make Believe", because it seems closest to us and also not too far for my friends coming from NY.
I will let you guys know how it goes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 10:17 PM

18 posts, read 47,017 times
The Land of Make Believe, Hope NJ is great for 2 year olds. When my son was from 1-5 yrs old I took him there every summer and he loved it. It's not just fun in the water but it has rides (albeit somewhat older rides), you can bring your own picnic and we visited Santa in July! I just recently paid for Hurricane Harbor. Avoid going there at all costs! My husband and I got ripped off for our property and my now 8 year old was still too small for most rides. Sesame Place is also a good option but so pricey! However...if your baby loves Sesame Street it would be great to take him/her just once....be warned, it's a long ride to PA.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:57 AM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
This is the sort of place that is great to take a little one. In fact, that's where I used to take my son. It's next to Bay Village which is a pleasant place to walk around for a while. On Taylor Ave at the bay there's a small kiddie beach with play area.

Bay Village LBI - Spend the day at 9th and Bay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post

Old 07-23-2009, 12:23 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,226 times
^ I double agree for Bay Village. It's a very nice place to visit and walk around. Plus, the "chowda" is awesome with Rhode Island Red. Took a container of it, home.

Apparently, the OP made a nice choice for Land of Make Believe. Always wanted to go there when I was little but never went. I wanted to talk to the talking scarecrow (yes, seriously). I did go to Hurricane Harbor once, but yeah, that place is just...meh. Wildwater Kingdom beats it any day. Mountain Creek is ok, but since their water slides are literally built on a mountain, I find the bottoms a bit uncomfortable when sliding down them. That's just me on it.

I'm curious about the new indoor waterparks, but they're too far to go to. ;__;

Old 07-24-2009, 07:45 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Try Holmdel NJ.. Dorbrook Sprayground. We LOVE it there and take our twins there alot!!and there are other parks nearby. It is beautiful there. Also next to the sprayground is a regular playground .........

Monmouth County Park System*Sprayground

Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 AM

101 posts, read 460,447 times
update guest post on lomb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey