U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:08 AM

10,937 posts, read 15,513,106 times

Advertisements

SHEESH.....people GIVE IT UP ALREADY

N.J. residents plan to sue hot dog makers seeking health warnings - NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 AM

7,646 posts, read 11,391,934 times
Interesting wikipedia article on the group who is behind this latest attempt at reducing our liberty: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5% of their members are physicians.

Cato has an interesting piece on the PCRM: Fat City for Trial Lawyers | Robert A. Levy | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

"This fall, Northeastern University law professor Richard Daynard is holding a strategy session for nearly 100 lawyers interested in suing "Big Food." There's not much question what Daynard will be promoting: another shakedown without any concern for personal accountability, sanctioned by a nanny state with an insatiable appetite for social engineering."

Haven't we suffered enough of this crap yet as a society?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 AM

1,850 posts, read 4,296,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Haven't we suffered enough of this crap yet as a society?
One would think so but, we have way too many wamby-pamby imbiciles in this country that have no concept of personal responsibility. Everything is someone elses fault. "Well, I wouldnt have bought it and become fat if the advertisements werent so mesmerizing." You know what I would LOVE to see!??!?! A judge with a set of huge brass ones and simply laugh in their faces if they ever try to bring this to trial.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:45 AM

1,235 posts, read 2,390,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I don't know, nitrates are really bad for you. I'm sure this will never pass though. They would have to put the warning on so many processed meats.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
I don't know, nitrates are really bad for you. I'm sure this will never pass though. They would have to put the warning on so many processed meats.
Oh please the cancer link to nitrates has been public for decades, the ocassional hot dog, bacon etc is not going to kill you. It's not a food you would eat every day, if I have 2 hotdogs a year it's a lot..it comes down to PERSONAL responsibility

truth be told we are exposed daily to so many cancer causing agents we might as well live in a bubble if we are going to worry about them all

Old 07-22-2009, 09:57 AM

4,845 posts, read 2,673,269 times
Quote:
Oh please the cancer link to nitrates has been public for decades, the ocassional hot dog, bacon etc is not going to kill you. It's not a food you would eat every day, if I have 2 hotdogs a year it's a lot..it comes down to PERSONAL responsibility

truth be told we are exposed daily to so many cancer causing agents we might as well live in a bubble if we are going to worry about them all

I love the occasional hot dog and street vendor. Hope it doesn't become extinct.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 AM

1,235 posts, read 2,390,277 times
Quote:

So, hypothetically, would you stop eating them if they were labeled?

Some kids eat hot dogs every day. Maybe their parents should know?

Not saying I'm for a label. I know there is nitrates in there and I try to avoid nitrates whenever possible.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 AM

316 posts, read 515,263 times
Ill take 2 from Rutts Hut - all the way !!!!
Nitrates be damned> I think a couple every year isnt going to kill anyone *BuRp*

Old 07-22-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tceffo View Post
Ill take 2 from Rutts Hut - all the way !!!!
Nitrates be damned> I think a couple every year isnt going to kill anyone *BuRp*

Dam..it's time to take a run out to Johnny's Hot Dogs out there in the boonies
Hubbie prefers Rutts Hutt

Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
So, hypothetically, would you stop eating them if they were labeled?
Some kids eat hot dogs every day. Maybe their parents should know?

Not saying I'm for a label. I know there is nitrates in there and I try to avoid nitrates whenever possible.
No not at all

I'm sure their parents already know it's one of two things..laziness on the parents or it may just be all they can afford at present

There's nitrates in red wine as well and I'm certainly not giving that up..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey