Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:46 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
No, it does not, but its a long drive for a driving vacation. When I lived in NJ my driving Vacations were Lancaster, PA, Pocanos, Wash DC, Boston, and Montreal, Canada. Gatlinburg I consider a good drive from NJ.

I have to tell you a story, but don't consider it a bash, as it was 1 person, not the entire state.

I was coming from our Hotel Parking lot, and saw people getting out from NJ. I went up to my room, and the maid was cleaning it, so went to the Lobby. I went and used the Business Centers Computer to check my business email as my laptop was in my room. I was there no more than 2 min. when the person from the parking lot first comes over to the man next to me, and asks when he will leave the laptop he is using. It was HIS personal laptop. He said nothing. I told her it was just a connection, and the laptop was his. She said to me well I need the computer you are on roght now. I said I only got on 2 min ago, and that When I finished checking my email I would get off. She said I need it right now. I said you have to be kidding, and that I knew she was from NJ. I told her people to not demand down here and ask politely how long would it be.
People do not demand up here, in New Jersey, either and ask politely.

Quote:
For some reason she did not detect my northern accent, and yes its still there, but I faked it a little.
I just left after that because its just not worth getting sick over a rude person. I can tell you 3 years ago I would have stayed longer to spite the person. Now she thinks some southerner told her off, LOL
I told this to the girl that does my nails this morning, and she got a good laugh. She's from Boston.

Diane G
Well, she did tell a southerner off, didn't she? You live in the south, the south is your home, so you're a southerner.

Besides, a Jersey Girl would have told her to [buzz] off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Do you mean this boardwalk:

There must be something about that boardwalk and people from the northeast. About a month ago, I ran into someone visiting from Vermont. Just like you, he was a contractor working for a month at WSMR.
Unless there's another one at White Sands, that's the one! That place may have been the most incredible place I've ever seen, and that's saying a LOT, because I've seen some incredible places, like the Cascades, Valley of Fire, and Death Valley, amogst others.

I guess we are just drawn to the boardwalks because they remind us of home - the boardwalk is a gift from NJ to the world, after all.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,103 times
Quote:
LOL, Antioch in no way borders Brentwood, it borders a section of Nashville, called Woodbine, that borders an area called Bentioch, that borders Brentwood. Study you geography. Southern NJ people are not hicks, but that person surely was and happened to live near 6 flags. When someonr tries to steal from you, you would see how you feel.
I in no way want to come back! I like my life better here.
I'm glad you did not move here beacause the last thing we need is a northerner with an autitude. I have history where I moved. TN is where I graduated from College, so I was here 4 years previously.

Diane G
Seriously do you drink heavily or take pills or something? Antioch borders Brentwood on the Nolenville Pike. Do I have to get out a map and smack you over the head with it? Now go away and play in the TN forum since you hate it in NJ so much. Oh wait, you can't stay away can you....

I am using the ignore button on you. Really all you have to say is a total waste of time.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Seriously do you drink heavily or take pills or something? Antioch borders Brentwood on the Nolenville Pike. Do I have to get out a map and smack you over the head with it? Now go away and play in the TN forum since you hate it in NJ so much. Oh wait, you can't stay away can you....

I am using the ignore button on you. Really all you have to say is a total waste of time.
Wrong Again! And no I won't even take a painkiller after Dental Surgury. I prefer to take advil, and know what I'm doing.

Nolensville PK is not in Antioch at all. I should Know I live here. Part of Nollensville Pk is in a sketcy area of Nashville, but not Antioch, then it procedes to Where Lenox Village is http://lenoxvillagetowncenter.com/- (broken link) Notice Zip is 37211, Antioch Zip is 37213.. after Lenox Village it procedes to Brentwood, Davidson County, which has Brentwood Name, but Nashville School, when it meets concord road up a ways is Brentwood, Williamson County. Carrie Underwood Lives in a Subdivision off of Concord there---
Golf Courses-Nashville-Tennessee-Real Estate-The Governors Club
Furthur up Nolensville Pk, is Nolensville, TN-williamson County, Brentwood Schools, Small but Growing Town-Small Houses to Huge Homes
Nolensville Community Website
Further down that way your in the Country, where a friend of mine lives who is from NJ. She had a house built on 12 acres. She is by the Arrington Winery that is owned by Country Singer Kix Brooks-http://www.arringtonvineyards.com/home.html
You do not know the area at all, you think you do, or someone played you for a Fool. In No Area does Brentwood Border Antioch. Go ask on the Nashville Board. There are some natives there.
Diane G

Old 07-30-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
People do not demand up here, in New Jersey, either and ask politely.

Well, she did tell a southerner off, didn't she? You live in the south, the south is your home, so you're a southerner.

Besides, a Jersey Girl would have told her to [buzz] off.
Well, I'm actually from Lawrence, LI , NY, but lived in Manalapan , NJ, for 13 years. I have never used the expression,, "Buzz of" its crude.

Diane G

Old 07-30-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
ALRIGHT , im gonna end this right now, TN = HILLBILLIES TOO MANY , MORE THAN NJ, COUNT ME OUT!
Parts of the State True, BUT 0 in Brentwood, just too expensive.
Most houses range from 400'S to Millions. Not much under the $400's figure.
Brentwood, and I'll add Franklin, and parts of Nashville. More people in those Areas from other states.City of Brentwood, TN : Demographics / Statistics
City of Brentwood, TN : Home

Request your free visitor guide for historic Franklin in Williamson County, Tennessee (http://www.visitwilliamson.com/static/index.cfm?action=group&contentID=11 - broken link)

Diane G

Old 07-30-2009, 08:21 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Wink Always a New Jersey native

Request your Free Travel Guide | New Jersey Travel and Vacation Information, Official State Tourism Site

In case any of your friends want to visit us.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm actually from Lawrence, LI , NY, but lived in Manalapan , NJ, for 13 years. I have never used the expression,, "Buzz of" its crude.

Diane G
You live in the south, so you're a southerner. And you never were a Jersey Girl, so you don't use the expression "buzz off" and you get stepped on by rude people like the one who demanded the computer from you and made youu feel like leaving.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Parts of the State True, BUT 0 in Brentwood, just too expensive.
Most houses range from 400'S to Millions. Not much under the $400's figure.
Brentwood, and I'll add Franklin, and parts of Nashville. More people in those Areas from other states.City of Brentwood, TN : Demographics / Statistics
City of Brentwood, TN : Home

Request your free visitor guide for historic Franklin in Williamson County, Tennessee (http://www.visitwilliamson.com/static/index.cfm?action=group&contentID=11 - broken link)

Diane G
I don't know what New Jerseyan in his right mind would want to vacation in Gatlinsburg. What do they have there that can't be experienced elsewhere, and better? I'm sure there are places that are much easier to travel to that offer the same attractions, and probably better, for roughly the same cost.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Sure they do, and being a Travel Agent, I give them precruise recomedations from Bayonne, which brings revenue to NJ. Most Here came TO TN on job relocations, Nissan, from Calif, Catapiller Financial, From Illnois, Many from Ohio and Michigan etc. Companies get offered big tax breaks and in 2005-07 came in droves from all over the US. We are still getting relocations, but just not as many as during that period. We also have a large amount of relocations from Florida and Baton Rouge, Louisana .

Diane G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey