Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM

33 posts, read 123,947 times

Advertisements

It is probebly the worst part of brick, should just be leveled! I would stay away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 07:10 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,910,103 times
Sawmill (as it was known in the 70's and 80's) was nothing I wanted to be part of back then. I had several friends that lived in Sawmill only until they were able to get the heck out!

When I got married, we had a brand new condo in Millbrook Manor, right behind Sawmill. Sawmill always seemed to have things going on and cops visiting regularly. I doubt it has improved over time.

Do a search for Maple Leaf Condos in Brick on a search engine and see the stories that come up.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:20 PM

I was wrong about Maple Leaf's prior name. The name of the complex was Sylvan Glade. It was on Sawmill Road.

Greenwood Loop is the the next neighborhood up Lanes Mill Road from Maple Leaf and Millbrook Manor. In fact, when I lived in MM, our condo was separated from Greenwood Loop by the little creek running through the area.

I don't know how it is now, but Greenwood Loop was alot better than Maple Leaf / Sylvan Glade back when we were in the area.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,806 times
anyone knows the address of Greenwood Park in Brick?

Old 03-31-2011, 06:45 PM

Greenwood Loop Road
Brick, NJ 08724

Old 08-03-2013, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,362 times
I drive a school transportation vehicle, and have for a number of years in all areas of the state, mostly in Monmouth and Ocean Counties.

Needless to say, I have, and do presently, frequented Maple Leaf, Greenwood and Primrose. Sawmill Rd. along with Creek Rd. are not the pick of the litter - just the litter. It seems worse up nearer to Herbertsville Rd., where the older brick buildings are, and the fact that there are as many as three levels instead of two, would lead me to believe that it is not the best place to go. Not a housing project, but close enough.

I nearly bought in there about 10-12 years ago, but with the help of God, could not bring myself to it. Greenwood or Primrose would have been okay, but not Maple Leaf!

Now, last month, there was a stabbing in that development (which could happen anywhere), but the nature of it was a bit bizarre in that the mother of a teenager stabbed her son's friend or peer, whatever.

This is another classic example of how the liberal agenda has deconstructed our great country, and it only seems to get worse.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:34 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,239,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpkidsmurph View Post
This is another classic example of how the liberal agenda has deconstructed our great country, and it only seems to get worse.
What on eath does a mother stabing her son's friend in an apartment complex in Brick, NJ, have to do with a liberal agenda in this country?
Sheesh. No wonder you've risen to the level of school bus driver! Watch those curbs!

Old 05-13-2016, 01:05 PM

4 posts, read 11,855 times
Default Is Greenwood Park safe

I grew up there. My parents raised 7 kids there. It's not the greatest place, and its not really the worse place either. People there don't really get into your business, the only bad thing that I can really say anything about Greenwood Park is the kids have no curfew, so if you have to get up early in the morning to go to work in the summer or during s holiday break like most people, good luck in getting any sleep.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:10 PM

There is no address its on Lanes Mill Road. You'll pass Brick Memorial High School on your right and baseball fields to your left. You'll see a big sign that reads Greenwood Park, it used to be in cursive, don't know about how it reads now. If you get to Herbertsville elementary school you have gone too far.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:16 PM

If your looking for a safe neighborhood try Pine Beach, it's near Toms River. No condos just houses for sale and rent. Word to the wise don't rent on or near the beach, because when the next hurricane comes...well let's just say regardless of what your home owner insurance says you're not covered for floods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey