U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 PM

1,888 posts, read 2,612,502 times
Quote:
Out-of-state, i am not sure if they can view your points from another state
In some cases, yes. An abstract can be ordered on line from any state.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 664 times
I never had a ticket in NJ...But the NDR says that I failed to appear in court And pay fines.. Well when the NJ Trenten city did a check on my name...and out of state license...social and birthcertificate.... They said, I have no record in that state ither for a drivers lisence or don't have a driving record neither...The Lady at the NJ Dmv said...after searching my file that I didn't send her enough information..(NOTE I can only get the information this state tells me) I sent that to the otehr state!!! But that state says I didn't provide enough information... Excuse me I sent my out of state license.. my birthcertificate..and Social... It seems to me if they are showing that I failed to appear in court...And Failed to pay...That their would be warrents for my arrest right!!! But their is no such record...They blame me for not having the court summons... If I never received it..How the hell do I get it!!! If it says I failed to appear in court that should tell you right their that I don't have a knoledge of the whole situation>>> If I don't have a Knowledge of it...Then how the hell do I get if if they searched their records and said their is none!!!! So this state is blocking me form getting a licesence...Thats purtty serious when I don't know where to go to find where it originated form...Its just thier on the ndr... National Driver Regestery...So how do they expect me to find something that isn't their!!! who is using my License...Who is regulating JN to have them tell me information on myself?? But they don't have to tell you information...And keep your Lisence locked up because you don't knwo the information.....That is purtty serious they are depressing me but yet their is no such record....I asked her what other information do you need... I sent all of my ID to her...If The Supervisor can't find a record......Then the last alternative is to Sue the State of NJ For 1, Million Dollers for.... Violation of my constituation rights... Goverment shall not depress a citizen of the state... It is Called Due Process...Law...A violation of my civil Rights.. If I request driving record or if I have Warrents...They should be able to tell me...If I don't then they should remove the incorrect data from the NDR..... If they don't I will find a lawyer that will do it probono ....Means...I'll give him 50,0000 of the 1 million.... I aready have in writing that they have no driving record And have never held a license in NJ..... So why not sue you..Why hell you are keeping me form working...and The shcool I"m going to will terminate me....I'm suffering a hardship because you are keeping me form working while bloking my license on the ndr!!!! Do you think I wouldn't get upset...That I weiged 3 weeks for them to tell me...That their is no record found...But that I didn't supply enoung information??? Hell you received all of my Id..??? So If you JN intened on taking my driving privledge away because I did nothing.... Then you will find out what the law is!!!

Old 03-28-2012, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I have a confession I will now make.

In summer of 1996, I was driving down I-81 from Alexandria Bay NY. I was driving through Syracuse, where the speed limit dropped from 65 to 55 mph. Just before the end of the town limits, I was flagged for going 74 in a 55 mph. If I really wanted to argue this down, I could have claimed it was a 65 mph speed zone, and who knows what might have happened. The problem was, it was Syracuse. Such a drive would be impractical. However, this was to be a 4 point ticket on my license. Back in 1991, I had a similar violation in Maryland. It transferred to my NJ license, and ruined me for 42 months. My insurance skyrocketed.

Guess what I did? I never paid the ticket. I received 3 letters in the mail from the state of NY threatening to revoke my privileges in New York state. I ignored all of them. I was finally mailed a last letter saying my privileges were revoked.

Since I never pled guilty to the offense, the points never transferred to my NJ license. The swap was that I couldn't drive in NY any longer. After I moved to Southern NJ, my trips to NY state became much less frequent.

The moral: I was never arrested by NY state police, nor were my NJ insurance premiums increased.

You want to know something else? About 5 years later, my mom was issued a speeding ticket in NY, while driving upstate to visit family. She took my advice and never paid her ticket either. Same procedure (repeated threats mailed, no action taken) same results. In 2004, same thing happened with my wife. Guess what she did? Same procedure, same results!

I would be very, very careful if I were you. I paid my ticket and thought that was the end of it. It turns out that I owed assessment fees of $300.00. Since they were sending the letters to my dads address in NY instead of my NJ address, I ignored them. Turns out, one day I was in NY, had a minor fender bender, the police were called to the scene, I show my NJ State drivers license, and guess what? I got arrested for driving in NY with "revoked privilege" for not paying the assessment fees!!!! Now I have to show up in court and plea my case that the letters were being sent to the wrong address, instead of my NJ address. Mind you I was living in NJ when I got the ticket, and I showed my NJ drivers license, why would they send these letters to my old address, linking it to my old NY driver's license? So, I did the right thing by paying the tickets, but was still arrested for driving with the revoked privilege to drive in NY.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM

3,359 posts, read 4,846,360 times
If its Nooh Yawk, I wouldn't pay them nuffin for nobody for nuffin. Dang bunch of illegal hypocrites.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 319 times
If you get a moving violation ticket for 2 points in NJ will it show up in my NY insurance? I have a NY drivers license.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM

228 posts, read 144,515 times
My "friend" got a ticket for going 82 in a 65 in CT. Because it was a "safety corridor" it was $294.

It showed up in NJ as 2 points. It CAN show on your abstract and DID show on my friend's.

CT has some different point system that you don't get points if you plead guilty. In NJ it would have been 4. But like the other posters said, it comes back to NJ as 2.

My friend's insurance went down. My friend had pled guilty to a speeding ticket 6 years earlier, and had an accident that was not his fault on his record (which, btw, your abstract doesn't indicate which is an outrage- just says "accident police called" or something like that).

If this is your first offense or your last one is old I wouldn't worry too much.

Also, if you take the 2 points you can take a class that will erase them and lower your insurance rate.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:21 PM

2,923 posts, read 7,528,515 times
Check this link. It might help. State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: