Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:05 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I just clicked on the debt clock and I'm dizzy at looking at the numbers move.
Me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i talked to one of my employees before and she said she just bought a set of 4 pots for over $2,000 that she is financing. she makes $11-12 bucks an hour. i told her walmart or ikea. she says she has to have nice things.
That's ridiculous to pay that much.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
i just wonder if i should hold out a little longer in buying a place. theres only so much more i can put it off though, the deal on my place should be done within the next few weeks or so.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:51 PM

268 posts, read 761,585 times
NorthJersey.com: Foreclosure activity up sharply in N.J.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:42 PM

109 posts, read 345,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
On topic OF COURSE RETAIL IS GOING DOWN! How many average people do u see with extra money to shop these days?
Yep, I work for a fortune 500 apparel company, and they're dying. three straight quarters of double-digit declines in sales in our stores.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:18 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
You know whats amazing. I went in to look at a car for the cash for clunkers program. Sitting in the next booth over were a husband and wife. They were buying a new car under this program. Guess what, their house was being foreclosed on, and Toyota was selling them a new car because they qualified for the cash for clunkers. I only wonder how long before they send the repo man out to get the Toyota back. Many people in this country need their brains examined. You can't buy cars and houses that you can't afford JUST because the banks and car companies will give you a loan. They should be flogged and waterboarded in public.
Two years ago we purchased a property from a man going through bankruptcy. Took a good 6 months to work through the trustee, the court had issues, the bank had issues, etc. Didn't stop him from buying a brand new Cadddy SUV in the meantime!! Even though he was a retired fireman, you should have seen the electric work in the house. One example: He put a ceiling fan in one of the bedrooms...stripped the wires off of an extension cord to hook the fan up, ran the cord through the attic and had it plugged in a non-grounded outlet outside the attic door. But then again, he slept on a mattress in the living room and answered the door one day, when he knew we were meeting someone to up there to get an estimate to fix the foundation, at 3pm, completely nekkid. Glad I kept the kids in the car.

Sorry, got off topic there...

Not everyone uses their brains when it comes to bright, shiny new "things".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: