U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 03:47 PM

730 posts, read 1,847,368 times

Advertisements

Well Millsan, I live in JC now and I lived in LI most of my earlier years and just you wait till you see how horrible people on the path trains can be. THe ONLY reason the commute is better is because it's shorter. IT is by no means more enjoyable and the people are by no means more pleasant.

IMHO 20 minutes on the path is WORSE than any amount of time spent in Penn Station!! Good luck in finding a place in JC though, I know you have been looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 PM

229 posts, read 596,012 times
Yeah, I know the PATH stinks, I did it for years from Newark. BUT, you know which track it is on, during rush hour it runs regularly and like you said, it is a lot shorter.

I actually did find a place and am close to closing. Canco Lofts in JSQ.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 AM

730 posts, read 1,847,368 times
Oh good, congratulations. Let me know how you like it there. My sister was looking and considering a move there if her job transfers her back to NYC.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:58 AM

491 posts, read 693,886 times
I take an express from LI in to Penn every day. The train is almost never late, always departs on the same track so no need to wait for your track to be posted and crowd in. The commute is a breeze, no big deal.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:32 PM

10 posts, read 16,431 times
Well you are talking about Long Island, not New Jersey. But either way, Penn Station is Penn Station - a dump.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM

57 posts, read 160,569 times
Calling Penn a "dump" is being charitable. But whatever happened to the new Penn Station that was supposed to be built underneath the 24-hour post office across the street? The one that was twin of the old Penn Station...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey