Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,341 times

Advertisements

Robert Toll saying that buyers are slowing coming back and that price no longer seems to be the issue. Plus they are cutting incentives due to demand.

The Associated Press: Toll Bros. reports increase in signed contracts

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 07:59 AM

364 posts, read 826,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Robert Toll saying that buyers are slowing coming back and that price no longer seems to be the issue. Plus they are cutting incentives due to demand.

The Associated Press: Toll Bros. reports increase in signed contracts

As price falls!!!!!!! Their contract price is 4% down YOY.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:05 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,696,702 times
I see a lot of things leveling off in all areas. The question is do we stay here for awhile then start climbing back up OR do we end up slipping off the cliff side again and plummet to a new low?

Both seem very feasible. If things start getting better and companies start hiring people again even if at lower wages then I can see a nice slow recovery.

If companies continue to hold off on hiring and all the people on unemployment start to get cut loose off of that income and still are unemployeed than things are going to be ugly. I am sure the Gov't will extend unemployment a tad longer later this year but by years end there is a WAVE of people that will be getting cut loose and as we go into next year it can get pretty ugly if jobs don't start popping up...

Also doesn't help foreclosures continue to rise, consumer spending is rising/dipping all over the place, job losses continue to go up/down weekly. Very fragile time right now. Hopefully things work out and we bust out of this recession now versus things getting worse.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 AM

Foreclosures are not on the rise, they are reported with a lag. The unemployment rate in NJ is slightly below the national average. Things in South Jersey stabilized a long time ago. I doubt prices are headed up substantially anytime soon but I would not be surprised to see prices creeping up in the local area.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Foreclosures are not on the rise, they are reported with a lag. The unemployment rate in NJ is slightly below the national average. Things in South Jersey stabilized a long time ago. I doubt prices are headed up substantially anytime soon but I would not be surprised to see prices creeping up in the local area.
Foreclosures rise 7 percent in July from June - Mortgage Mess- msnbc.com

Wrong.. 7% month over month.

And not sure how things are expected to get better with 9+% of people out of work and NO JOBS to be had. Unemployment can only run for so long to keep those peoples head above water.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 AM

[quote=NatasNJ;10255748]I see a lot of things leveling off in all areas. The question is do we stay here for awhile then start climbing back up OR do we end up slipping off the cliff side again and plummet to a new low?

There is temporary housing stabilization in the spring/summer of 2009 as was in 2008. Nothing new. Wait for the leaves to start falling.

Higher unemployment will bring another leg down later this year. Foreclosure went up in July. Retail is down.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
Not correct at all. New foreclosures is a result of pre-foreclosure activity from months ago if not last year.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Not correct at all. New foreclosures is a result of pre-foreclosure activity from months ago if not last year.
How about July retail data? Is is also months ago data?

How about this? Old data again?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=axsovog3CuAE

Old 08-13-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
My bad. So show me the break down of new foreclosures versus pre-forclosures?

Guess everything is cake and ice cream. YEAH!

Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM

Retail sales is a notoriously volatile series. It was the first decline in three months. However, excluding gasoline, retail sales actually rose 0.1% led by autos. This recovery will be choppy as is typically the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey