Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 01:52 PM

54 posts, read 247,269 times

Advertisements

heard nice things about Secaucus from this forum and some friends, never been there, but would be moving over there next month, there are few apt complex over there and really good price 1000-1400, and as i understand it is only 5.7 miles from manhattan, even with traffic u r looking at 30 minuntes i guess,, not really sure, about this, but have decided & signed lease already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 02:21 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,458,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymon View Post
heard nice things about Secaucus from this forum and some friends, never been there, but would be moving over there next month, there are few apt complex over there and really good price 1000-1400, and as i understand it is only 5.7 miles from manhattan, even with traffic u r looking at 30 minuntes i guess,, not really sure, about this, but have decided & signed lease already
IF You are driving then
Depending on the day and time
you could be looking at 30 minutes just to pay the toll..then when you get into the city you will have to pay to put your car in a garage which can cost a pretty penny....Stick with public tranportation

Old 04-30-2007, 06:47 PM

54 posts, read 247,269 times
would be using the public transport for sure if going towards the nyc, heard there is a really good, express bus services to and fro from ny to Secaucus

Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 PM

4 posts, read 3,720 times
Most apartments in nutley nj range from $1100 for apt, $1400 for first floor in a two family, your budget would cover rent easily and it's a very safe neighborhood. There are three direct buses to midtown NYC, only a half hr trip. There are plenty of commuters , but it's a quiet ride and these buses run often during rush hours. (192, nj transit, 191 nj transit, 32 decamp). Only 15 mins from Newark penn station if you opt to take the train instead. I highly recommend it looking for an apt in nutley nj.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:21 PM

4 posts, read 3,720 times
You can try nutley nj, a safe suburb only a half hour away from NYC, there are 3 direct bus routes if you choose to commute by bus. Newark peen station is a 15 min drive if you plan to take the train.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:42 PM

31,887 posts, read 26,916,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensalemBuddy View Post
I'll be working at 240 West st. Frankly, I'm not too familiar with the divisions of Manhattan, but I'm guessing this part is called downtown.
Know the area well (just drove past the building last night) and it is in Tribeca on the West Street/Westside Highway.

Getting there by car is not that bad since it is right near Laight Street/Holland Tunnel. If you are doing things on foot there aren't subway stops that far west. You're going to have to cross Hudson St going towards Varick or Canal. Or, suppose you could take the ferries from World Financial Center and walk up West Street. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=240+w...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAg

During the nicer times of the year it isn't a bad walk, but with cold and windy weather I'd wear either your long johns or a heavy coat! *LOL* IIRC there may be MTA bus service along that part of West Street.

You can also take PATH service into WTC and then walk, take a bus or whatever.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:56 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,199,104 times
I think he's figured it out by now.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensalemBuddy View Post
Hi,

Me and my wife have been reading the posts on this forum for about a week now, and firstly want to thank all of you for providing such useful information. We currently live in PA, close to Philadelphia and are planning to move close to NYC next month. However, we are still unable to find a good apartment in a safe NJ area

We initially started with Jersey City, but after reading a few posts on Jersey City and Newark, we decided against it. For almost 5 months now, I have spent 5 hours a day trying to get in and out of NYC from PA to work. Initially, I was told that this wouldn't be a permanent thing, but now I'm told I will have to permanently work in NYC, so we'd like to move.

Our criteria's are the same as many on this forum have mentioned:
1) Be within an hours distance to NYC (door-to-door)
2) Look for a safe area, where you don't have to think twice before going to a store or a restaurant at night by walk
3) Has affordable rent as in anything between $1200 to $1800 including utilities and parking
4) Close to public transportation (not like next door, but within 10-15 mins walking distance)

I'm just curious to know if other than Weehawken, Edgewater, Hoboken and Fort Lee are there other areas we can look at. Or are we expecting a lot out of NJ given the criteria above

Any help will be appreciated!
My name is Rafael Molinaro, I am a Realtor in New Jersey and I would like to help you.
Send me an email
Rafaelmolinaro@livingnewjersey.com

Old 09-21-2015, 09:16 AM

19,113 posts, read 25,305,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelMolinaro View Post
My name is Rafael Molinaro, I am a Realtor in New Jersey and I would like to help you.
Send me an email
Rafaelmolinaro@livingnewjersey.com
You have decided to resurrect a thread that is 8+ years old, under the guise of helping somebody.
Are you aware that your attempt at advertising is a violation of the TOS of this site?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey