Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 09:21 AM

63 posts, read 134,984 times

Advertisements

Hello tincan424, unfortunatley since I am in essex county I have newark or east orange as my center choices. Neither of them return call or emails. I wrote the gov.'s office but no responce from them either. Maybe a phone call would be better? (like you'll ever get through) I'm glad your situation went smoothly, a rarety from what I have heard. I have called my councilor every day, and he will not pick up the phone, nor return my calls. If I call the center's main number, no one picks up there either. And they wonder why people are getting pissed? Oh well, another day of trying again to look forward to. Best of luck to all of you out there, let's hope tier 3 is approved soon.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,960,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriinjersey View Post
Anyone not receive their 50 stim check this week? Mine usually comes the monday after my check goes in but nothing this week
According to Unemployment, the $50 payment is processed on the Saturday at the end of the week in which you file your regular claim.

If you get the payment by check, the checks are mailed on the next Monday. If you receive payment by direct deposit, it depends on how quickly your bank receives the order for the $50 deposit from Unemployment on Monday -- and it depends on how quickly your bank processes it into your account (most banks credit the deposit the same day).

I get mine by mail, and luckily enough, ever since the payments began, the check has turned up in my mailbox every Tuesday after the week in which I file!

Of course, I'm expecting a delay the week of Labor Day -- with the Monday holiday, the checks won't go into the mail that week until Tuesday, so hopefully it will be delivered on Wednesday!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:16 AM

859 posts, read 3,316,976 times
I feel like I get my $50 on random days with no rhyme or reason.

Usually once I notice my slip in the mail, I call my bank account to double check it has been direct deposited.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:30 AM

34 posts, read 85,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryv View Post
Hello tincan424, unfortunatley since I am in essex county I have newark or east orange as my center choices. Neither of them return call or emails. I wrote the gov.'s office but no responce from them either. Maybe a phone call would be better? (like you'll ever get through) I'm glad your situation went smoothly, a rarety from what I have heard. I have called my councilor every day, and he will not pick up the phone, nor return my calls. If I call the center's main number, no one picks up there either. And they wonder why people are getting pissed? Oh well, another day of trying again to look forward to. Best of luck to all of you out there, let's hope tier 3 is approved soon.
Sounds like they should hire new people. I hear there are plenty of folks out there looking for jobs.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 AM

106 posts, read 278,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
According to Unemployment, the $50 payment is processed on the Saturday at the end of the week in which you file your regular claim.

If you get the payment by check, the checks are mailed on the next Monday. If you receive payment by direct deposit, it depends on how quickly your bank receives the order for the $50 deposit from Unemployment on Monday -- and it depends on how quickly your bank processes it into your account (most banks credit the deposit the same day).

I get mine by mail, and luckily enough, ever since the payments began, the check has turned up in my mailbox every Tuesday after the week in which I file!

Of course, I'm expecting a delay the week of Labor Day -- with the Monday holiday, the checks won't go into the mail that week until Tuesday, so hopefully it will be delivered on Wednesday!

There must be a problem with the direct deposit processing. I received my "non negotiable" check in the mail today like I always do but my direct deposit hasn't went in. It seems to be happening to other people with direct deposit too. If it is not there tomorrow, we will have to call.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,960,067 times
Default Funding for Proposed Unemployment Extensions

We seem to have gotten a bit off topic lately -- probably because there really is no news on the proposed extensions of Unemployment until Congress returns from its recess (after Labor Day).

But just to keep up to date on what's happening with available federal funding for the proposed extensions, here's what the White House is saying now about unemployment and the federal deficit.

Obama Raises ‘10 Deficit Outlook 19% to $1.5 Trillion (Update2)
Obama Raises ‘10 Deficit Outlook 19% to $1.5 Trillion (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

In an article on line today, Bloomberg.com is reporting that U.S. unemployment will surge to 10 percent this year and the budget deficit will be $1.5 trillion next year, both higher than previous Obama administration forecasts because of a recession that was deeper and longer than expected, White House budget chief Peter Orszag said.

Two federal budget agencies say the shortfall is being driven by the recession as outlays rise for unemployment compensation, food stamps, or other programs meant to stabilize the economy rise -- and tax receipts fall.

Administration and congressional budget officials expect the national unemployment rate, which was 9.4 percent last month, to keep rising. White House officials said the rate likely will rise to 10 percent by the end of 2009, averaging 9.3 percent for the entire year. It will worsen to a 9.8 percent average in 2010, instead of the 7.9 percent estimate in May.

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Economy.com in West Chester, Pennsylvania, predicted Congress will pass a second “mini” stimulus bill next year of about $250 billion to aid jobless workers, state governments, and home buyers. “The economy will be growing at an uncomfortably slow rate, not enough to bring down unemployment, and of course it’s an election year” for Congress, he said.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:02 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,553,629 times
im glad state governments will be given the money so they can waste it.

anyway, i realize my wife is collecting from her job in new york even though we live in new jersey now. since new york has an unemployment rate below 9% am i gonna get screwed now? id like her to switch over to nj. i havent allowed her to eat since the money stopped coming in and she is starting to look too skinny.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 PM

37 posts, read 120,603 times
My 50 is usually right on I didn't even get a receipt in todays mail so who knows

Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 PM

Question Wonders

tincan 424............DITTO!....Either they want to work, or they don't!....And why do they still have JOBS??????????...Oh, I forgot, they are goverment employeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 PM

Default check

Mine came today, but late due to my regular mailman being off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey