U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-09-2009, 03:01 PM

14 posts, read 21,430 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Thanks for all the good info. I am an unemployed Field Engineer (25 yrs experience, I've sent out hundreds of resumes) my Teir 2 just ran out. I just started an LPN training program approved by NJ Unemployment / PIC. Can I receive the Emergency Extension of 20 weeks if I am attending school?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:25 PM

5,348 posts, read 9,427,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefrombrick View Post
Hello All,

Thanks for all the good info. I am an unemployed Field Engineer (25 yrs experience, I've sent out hundreds of resumes) my Teir 2 just ran out. I just started an LPN training program approved by NJ Unemployment / PIC. Can I receive the Emergency Extension of 20 weeks if I am attending school?

Thanks in advance.
yes

Old 09-09-2009, 03:30 PM

46 posts, read 34,465 times
Diorgirl, what you said is actually good news and bad news. the good being that perhaps it will just come up any time they feel like it so it could be sooner..like this week. the bad would be worst case scenario that it isnt even on the plate yet ( which I doubt) so i guess that link was not accurate for this proposed bill.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 PM

3,814 posts, read 8,075,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katedowney1 View Post
Diorgirl, what you said is actually good news and bad news. the good being that perhaps it will just come up any time they feel like it so it could be sooner..like this week. the bad would be worst case scenario that it isnt even on the plate yet ( which I doubt) so i guess that link was not accurate for this proposed bill.
Well, the link is accurate in that one group in the Senate is meeting on Unemployment issues (including whether to consider any extensions at this time) -- but no, the meeting is not specifically about either of the proposed bills.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:02 PM

I think that when the proposed bills were brought up, we all assumed that it would automatically be the first thing on the minds of congress when they got back to work but obviously we were wrong. Doesn't look like they are treating this like a super priority at all based on their scheduled lineup. I had cnn on yesterday and unemployment wasn't even mentioned! lol oh well, all we can do is wait plus, im very curious how these NJ#'s come in for August. Am I correct in saying that our goal here ( other than finding employment of course ) is for this bill to be acted upon quick and have a 9% or less trigger so NJ get's it for sure?

Old 09-09-2009, 11:40 PM

22 posts, read 32,625 times
I guess they're not even considering unemployment extensions at the moment until they're done with the healthcare issues. I'm quite shocked to read in my newspaper tonight that they're proposing to fine any Americans $3,800 if we don't purchase health insurance? How can we do that if we're unemployed and can't even afford to pay our rent/mortgages? Healthcare is the least of my concerns right now. I'm worried about food and rent for my kids and myself first!

Old 09-10-2009, 12:45 AM

3,814 posts, read 8,075,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustygirl View Post
I'm quite shocked to read in my newspaper tonight that they're proposing to fine any Americans $3,800 if we don't purchase health insurance?
This thread -- on Unemployment extensions after EB -- is not the place to start a discussion on health care reform. But rest assured that that report -- wherever you read it -- is a common, but erroneous, generalization that misstates one element of a very complex proposal.

The fact is no one is proposing that a "fine" of any amount would be assessed on all Americans who don't purchase health insurance -- and particularly not on those Americans who cannot afford health insurance.

If you are interested in health care reform, you might locate a thread dedicated to that -- or start such a thread yourself.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 AM

22 posts, read 32,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
This thread -- on Unemployment extensions after EB -- is not the place to start a discussion on health care reform. But rest assured that that report -- wherever you read it -- is a common, but erroneous, generalization that misstates one element of a very complex proposal.

The fact is no one is proposing that a "fine" of any amount would be assessed on all Americans who don't purchase health insurance -- and particularly not on those Americans who cannot afford health insurance.

If you are interested in health care reform, you might locate a thread dedicated to that -- or start such a thread yourself.

Thanks, but actually I'm not interested in that. What I meant was, I think they should be more concerned about the unemployment problem before the health care. Sorry I guess I worded that wrong in my last post. I won't post again

Old 09-10-2009, 08:02 AM

25 posts, read 33,218 times
I just filed for my last EB check. I have now exhausted my eb claim. I have been told to keep calling every 2 weeks so i stay in the system. Is there any truth to this ? Has anyone heard of any more claims after eb.? What am I to do now? Claim welfare ? I have been looking for jobs everyday for the past year and half. Went on a few interviews but no luck. When will this get better. I am at my wits end.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 AM

have your read any posts here at all? I mean seriously? You just asked "anyone heard of any more claims after eb"

are you kidding? what do you think we are talking about. read before you post. there is 25 pages here on this topic.

there is nothing available right now. you get no more checks until a new program is approved ( if it even happens ). it is insulting for you to ask a question that has 25 pages of answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey