Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 02:03 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,975,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
Not sure why my messages were deleted by tahini, "orphan posts"????? Could they be replies to other posts deleted?
That's exactly what they are. A moderator purged the thread -- glad that they did that rather than shut it down! A reminder from "the powers that be" to stay OT!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:57 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
Not sure why my messages were deleted by tahini, "orphan posts"????? Could they be replies to other posts deleted?
yes, any replies to a deleted post are considered orphan.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:59 PM

14 posts, read 30,839 times
Default Thanks again for the info...one more question...

Hi,

I posted earlier in this thread (I hope this is the appropriate thread for my questions). I'm an unemployed Field Engineer and have just started an unemployment approved Nursing course(never pictured myself as a Nurse but my industry is down the tubes). I just finished my teir 2 extension and have received my EB application. I see that they want a list of job searches mailed in each period. Anyone know if this applies to students as well? I've tried to call in with no luck and my local UE office (Toms River NJ) has some of the rudest and uninformed staff I've ever encountered anywhere, I dread going back there. This site is the most informative sourse of info I've found. Any info or thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to thank all the great folks on this site for their service. For anyone who wants to work but can't find a position UE is a huge emotional as well as financial challenge but please try to keep your chins up. Please disregard those posters with the demeaning and judgemental remarks. I believe that people like that are self loathing louts that take joy in putting down others.

I'm going to start calling my local representatives to lobby for the EB extension.

Nursing school is going great and I'm starting to think I may have a calling. Good luck to everyone.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:38 PM

20 posts, read 65,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefrombrick View Post
Hi,

I posted earlier in this thread (I hope this is the appropriate thread for my questions). I'm an unemployed Field Engineer and have just started an unemployment approved Nursing course(never pictured myself as a Nurse but my industry is down the tubes). I just finished my teir 2 extension and have received my EB application. I see that they want a list of job searches mailed in each period. Anyone know if this applies to students as well? I've tried to call in with no luck and my local UE office (Toms River NJ) has some of the rudest and uninformed staff I've ever encountered anywhere, I dread going back there. This site is the most informative sourse of info I've found. Any info or thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to thank all the great folks on this site for their service. For anyone who wants to work but can't find a position UE is a huge emotional as well as financial challenge but please try to keep your chins up. Please disregard those posters with the demeaning and judgemental remarks. I believe that people like that are self loathing louts that take joy in putting down others.

I'm going to start calling my local representatives to lobby for the EB extension.

Nursing school is going great and I'm starting to think I may have a calling. Good luck to everyone.

You do not have to do a job search if you are in school/training. When I was on EB I made sure to send in the yellow form and just wrote "in training" on the space provided just to be safe. The relevent sentence is listed under the bolded section Active Search for Work, forth bullet head down.

"The work search criteria does not have to be met for any week(s) that an individual served on jury duty or was in satisfactory attendance in pre-approved training."

Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Extended Benefits (EB)

Old 09-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I just finished my teir 2 extension and have received my EB application. I see that they want a list of job searches mailed in each period. Anyone know if this applies to students as well?
You seem to have gotten an answer to your questions here, but there is an entire thread dedicated to EB -- including making the transition from Tier II to EB and work/study during EB. For more on any aspect of EB (as opposed to extensions after EB, which we cover here), go to:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ension-eb.html

Old 09-11-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
In response to direct calls for help by Americans from across the country, Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) introduced new streamlined legislation today, HR 3548, to extend unemployment insurance benefits for an additional 13 weeks in states where unemployment has averaged at least 8.5% over the last three months.
A proposed draft of HR 3548 is now available on line for those who wish to read the full text:
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Interestingly, there is only one NJ representative among the 18 co-sponsors of HR 3548: Bill Pascrelli, Jr. (D-NJ-8).

Both US Senators from New Jersey -- Frank Lautenberg and Robert Menendez -- have signed on as co-sponsors of Keen's bill, S.1647.

Since HR 3548 adopts the same 8.5% eligibility level as S.1647 -- it looks very promising that both Lautenberg and Menendez will also support HR 3548 when it reaches the Senate.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:45 AM

89 posts, read 186,616 times
Default Worksearch

Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Hi,

Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 AM

89 posts, read 186,616 times
Default Agree with you

Hello,

I agree with you, this is exactly what happened before, they will most likely extend by the end of September, that's the time they are consentrating on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Listen to all those panicking, I can be sure that there will be an extension coming. I know in two weeks probably there will be an extension. Trust me, They want 13 more weeks however they dont want to sign it until benefits take you until your CHRISTMAS. They dont want the 13 weeks to run out one week before Christmas. This would put us signing the bill in around 2 weeks Trust me. There are alot of reasons psychological and finanically why they are doing this so they are waiting to get you closer to Christmas. TRUST ME!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:59 PM

139 posts, read 290,947 times
I have received a blue envelope from the state today has anyone received one today. About Gov. Corzine announced a new program to help you find a new job, it would be great if there were enough jobs out there I've been looking and can't fine a thing, I think with me its because of my age and it makes it harder employers will hire people half my age before me

Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 PM

87 posts, read 180,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monorati1405 View Post
I have received a blue envelope from the state today has anyone received one today. About Gov. Corzine announced a new program to help you find a new job, it would be great if there were enough jobs out there I've been looking and can't fine a thing, I think with me its because of my age and it makes it harder employers will hire people half my age before me
what really does this program offer .i didn't receive this letter yet but i am curios to know . i am in definite need of a job .im not looking for any hand outs i just need to be able to provide for my children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey