Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:57 AM

63 posts, read 135,103 times

Advertisements

Forgot to mention this......I was informed by unemployment that not everyone will be eligible for the EB extension, as there are certain restrictions involved.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:42 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryv View Post
Forgot to mention this......I was informed by unemployment that not everyone will be eligible for the EB extension, as there are certain restrictions involved.
Hi Harryv,

The proposed bill didn't even get signed yet. How would unemployment know about any additional restrictions? The whole point is to help the people on eb who are about to run out of those benefits. I just think they don't know what they're talking about. You know, it dosen't make any sense. Right?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:46 AM

37 posts, read 120,677 times
Yes, wendy I think your right! :How can they possibly know that?!! I think these people down unemplyment offices just say anything sometimes when they wanna get you off the phone

Old 08-22-2009, 07:54 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriinjersey View Post
Yes, wendy I think your right! :How can they possibly know that?!! I think these people down unemplyment offices just say anything sometimes when they wanna get you off the phone
Yea, really. They should be happy they have jobs and they're not in this situation. These people have not idea how it is on the other side. They shouldn't say anything just to brush people off.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:15 AM

I realize we may be annoying to some of them but there sitting behind a cushy desk collecting a paycheck every 2 weeks not worrying if there gonna be able to pay their mortgage next month or decide whether they should pay PSEG or put food on the table everytime I had to speak to an agent they acted like I was bothering them even though they get paid to take my call

Old 08-22-2009, 08:16 AM

63 posts, read 135,103 times
Default EB extensions

Hi WendyEF:
The extension I spoke of is the one after tier 2 runs out. They told me that not everyone is going to receive it because of certain restrictions.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:24 AM

Oh okay well thay does make more sense but I've still encountered some rude people

Old 08-22-2009, 09:42 AM

39 posts, read 110,877 times
another thing I thought I read that this extension will be a EUC of UI
not of EB, I think the EB thing is a done deal once used, as it was provided
by the stimulus to make up for short comings that the states that already had it in law could not afford to initiate like they were suppose to

Old 08-22-2009, 09:47 AM

39 posts, read 110,877 times
Default Hi

it does not seem you read or you understood the bill, but there is a 13 week extension in HR3404, that will mean 13 more weeks for all those that have exhausted all benefits. And as soon as this bill passes, people , like yourself, will get another 13 weeks of benefits. Hopefully this bill will pass and become law in September .

Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryv View Post
What galls me is the fact that with so many poeple out of work, and needing help, how do these councilors get away with this crap, and why do THEY still have jobs!!!! I went through the same thing when I wanted to be retrained. Is there anyone I can complain to about this? If they are not willing to do their jobs, why are they still employed??? I would greatly appreciate a phone number, or email addy so that I can report this rediculous behavior.
This situation is frustrating for everyone in it. What I have learned from my dealings with the staff at the Unemployment offices is: (1) the offices were completely unprepared for the volume of unemployed that this economy created, so they have not been equipped to deal with the growing numbers of applicants who need service; (2) they have not been adequately trained in the changes in the benefits -- nor in the procedural requirements for processing them; (3) every day they are subjected to an enormous amount of abusive behavior by frustrated, angry applicants.

Unemployment staffers are like any group of people under stress -- some work harder at providing service, and others who are frustrated themselves do not.

My best advice is to get yourself well informed of your rights and the emerging benefits before you call an Unemployment Office; be specific about what you want from them (for example, they don't do well with general questions about what might happen next -- but you do need them to check the system and determine what it says about your specific account), and double check afterward that they did what they said they would do (for example, if you need to renew your claim at the one-year anniversary, and they say they will do it -- check back that it was done).

This is the type of environment in which you don't need to deal with the system every day, so it's best not to dwell on its frustrations every day.

In the words of that philosopher for the ages, Dolly Parton, "It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it!" LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey