U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:19 AM

89 posts, read 183,791 times
Default Tinton Falls Location Questions

A friend had suggested Tinton Falls as a possible area for re-location.

A few questions...what is the area like? Safe/Crime? Demographics? Close to GSP? Resale values? Property taxes?

I am looking for a 2 BR/2BA TH or Condo (a den, or loft would be a plus) in the 300-325k range....in a safe area...is this a possibility in this price range?

Anyone from the Tinton Falls area able to suggest any nice complexes? Any locations with an attached garage and a pool would be terrific!

I looked in Ocean already but felt the property taxes were too high for houses in the 300-325 range (property taxes averaged 6,000k)

Any other suggestions in this area for nice safe communities?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 10:14 AM

250 posts, read 416,116 times
Best websites to research before buying a home

Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,838,040 times
I think it's a rather decent town, suburban mostly and you have both the GSP and the NJ18 freeway going through. Monmouth Mall and Rts 35 & 36 are like 5 minutes away. I tend to avoid the GSP and use NJ18 much more, especially now in the summer with lots of shore bound traffic on the G.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:48 PM

89 posts, read 183,791 times
Seems as though the housing prices are more reasonable than some of the surrounding areas.

I am reading some info though about a landfill in Tinton Falls which has me a little skeptical now...can anyone comment?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 PM

4,910 posts, read 5,966,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jog1151 View Post
Seems as though the housing prices are more reasonable than some of the surrounding areas.

I am reading some info though about a landfill in Tinton Falls which has me a little skeptical now...can anyone comment?
No offense, but NJ is a landfill.

Live with it.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:41 AM

390 posts, read 939,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jog1151 View Post

The County Reclamation Center is on Shafto Rd and there is an odor sometimes. The closest TH development is Park Place I & II so you may need to keep that in mind.

Regarding Tinton Falls, I think the northern area near Ft Monmouth is nicer. I am not too familiar with TH and condos esp the amenities but Society Hill and Spring Meadows are two that come to mind that may interest you. SH is much larger. There may be others but their names escape me. If you have address and/or listing it may jog my memory.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 5,724 times
OK .. the truth about Tinton Falls and Shafto Road ... THE LANDFILL! It is disgusting, and almost unbearable in the Summer. I moved in this past March (Fox Chase rental) and the Landlord never disclosed this disgusting fact. I have been woken up in the middle of the night because it smells so badly. When you drive down Shafto Rd as you head towards Absbury Ave from Rt. 33, you will need to hold your breath. I am not kidding. I have a small daughter who visits me and complains she can't breath! I cannot believe that this can be healthy in any way! Where is the DEP? Why is this Landfill issues not being addressed? They keep building over in this area, but the smell get's worse and worse! STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE SMART!

Old 09-23-2009, 12:56 PM

4 posts, read 8,248 times
I live in Park Place (actually one of the closer townhouses to Shafto Road) and only smell the dump a few times a year - and never in the house. The odor seems to be tied to the barometic pressure - it's not a constant - just occassional. Fox Chase development is much closer to the County site on Shafto, so they probably get it worse there. I love TF and taxes are relatively low - $4,000 on a $287m assessment.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:52 PM

374 posts, read 648,285 times
I just moved out of NJ with the Brac. I used to live in Fox Chase. I loved it. You would smell the dump sometimes, but it was not bad and not often. At this point you can get a great buy on new/already owned townhouses there. I just sold my th for 288, 3 bd, 2 1/2 bath, garage, end unit. Prices are going down there. Great School District!!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,230 times
Does anyone have any idea when the landfill in Tinton Falls will actually be FILLED? Don't these things eventually close?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey