Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:24 PM

861 posts, read 2,718,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post

P.S. Don't call all Paterson residents thugs and ghetto trash, b/c we all aren't. I grew up in one of the middle-class enclaves of the city with a loving family that taught me morals and values.
I am sorry for the over~generalizing. I guess Ijust got carried away trying to make my point. My apologies.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholden View Post
It isn't ok to do it to kids. As always though that never stops anyone.
see how it works, you allow abuse of other people because it doesnt affect you and next thing you know, you are going to be abused. im reminded with my disagreement with bergencountyjohnny over the paramus blue laws.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,017,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
I am sorry for the over~generalizing. I guess Ijust got carried away trying to make my point. My apologies.

Don't sweat it, apology accepted.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:31 PM

a friend of my mother's teaches in the public schools in paterson. man she has nothing good to say about those kids.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:27 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy
Trust me, most people have no business being out on most Paterson streets at 2:00 am. This isn't NYC, where nice restaurants and clubs are frequented at all hours of the night. Only shady characters hang out at those hours in Paterson.
Yeah, most people don't have any business out at night, but why punish all the people who are out after midnight?

Besides, have you ever been to parts of NYC, after midnight?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:29 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ
a friend of my mother's teaches in the public schools in paterson. man she has nothing good to say about those kids.
So, why teach at that school or school system? Naturally, it says more about her job as a teacher, if her students acts up.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:40 PM

43 posts, read 139,792 times
wouldn't deploying national guard troops make more sense?

Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
So, why teach at that school or school system? Naturally, it says more about her job as a teacher, if her students acts up.
Not really. Why blame the teacher if kids don't want to learn or act like civil human beings in class? I think it says far more about the parent(s) than the teacher. Your behavior and performance in school is a testament to the values you learn (or fail to learn) at home.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:22 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Like I said before: Personally, I don't think this is a half-bad idea. But it's completely unconstitutional. I'm no liberal, I don't support the rights of gang members, but the law is the law and we can't throw out the constitution of the United States to control a bunch of animals in Paterson who, quite frankly, I don't care about because I neither live there nor ever will go there.

I feel sorry for the law-abiding people who DO live there, but honestly, if the community would step up and assist law enforcement and restore family values and the concepts on which children should be raised to become upstanding citizens, these problems would go away over time. 'Til then, lean that driver's seat wayyy back when you drive at night.

Whether one agrees with this idea or not, it should be judged based on its merits and whether or not it would be effective, as opposed to referring back to constitutional law as it applies to gang members.

I realize I will probably be in the minority here, but the crime in cities/towns like Paterson, Newark, Irvington, etc. is absolutely out of control. I am fortunate enough to live in a town with little to no crime, but the types of places we are speaking of are a stone's throw away (15-25 minutes at most). Most residents don't want such trash spilling over into their own town. If suspending constitutional rights for certain individuals meant the severe reduction in crime in the urban sections of North Jersey, I would support it in a heartbeat.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
im not sure. she has been doing it for a long time and has it pretty good. im not defender of teachers but i dont think its their job to be mommies, teachers, etc. etc. etc. the kids there have parents that couldnt care less about their education so they dont do anything but act like animals and if the teacher gives them a hard time, the parent will come in and probably get gangsta on them. talking in bad english and throwing out motha f'ers like its nobody's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey