Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:40 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,313,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
yes i know about the requirements for annulment. they have no assets at all together. i know impotence is grounds for annulment but do you have to provide proof? her soon to be ex is so heartbroken over this. he did nothing wrong.she just is too young and wants to hang out with her new friends from her new job. im really upset with her to do this to him. but she is my daughter and i accept her choice. thanks
Accept her choice? You did that when you attended the wedding! At the wedding, your adult daughter (assuming she's 18 or older and legally responsible for her decisions) vowed, "Until death do we part."

Maybe mom needs to remind daughter that she already made her choice and mom was supportive of it! It's time for daughter to grow up and be a woman. She and her husband should seek counseling, not an annulment. Encourage them to do this.

Take hope! It sounds to me like your daughter is having short-term marriage remorse or post-singleness depression, which is quite common when people who behave immaturely get married. The solution is maturity. The resolution is not to throw out an otherwise good marriage because making it work requires growing up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 11:44 AM

861 posts, read 2,716,872 times
Ninjahedge... I think you are confusing my scummy, cheating ex with the OP'ers daughter's husband.

Thanks Calico & Maverick for chiming in... it was a difficult time. Quite humbling to have been paying off the last of wedding costs AND the initial lawyer consultation in the same credit card statement.... but that was over 3 years ago. I am in a great new relationship. Once again in a happy relationship with an AWESOME new guy, much stronger, and all the more wise because of what I went through.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:48 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,618,516 times
Wow how sad..I would casterate him

Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,785,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
I agree. It's a tribute to Heather that she forged ahead through that time. That has to be one of the hardest events I've heard of in which to rise above. Absolutely devastating, if you are in her shoes. I am glad I've never had to walk in them.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,931,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
Ninjahedge... I think you are confusing my scummy, cheating ex with the OP'ers daughter's husband.

Thanks Calico & Maverick for chiming in... it was a difficult time. Quite humbling to have been paying off the last of wedding costs AND the initial lawyer consultation in the same credit card statement.... but that was over 3 years ago. I am in a great new relationship. Once again in a happy relationship with an AWESOME new guy, much stronger, and all the more wise because of what I went through.
OK I have to know. How did you find out ON your honeymoon that he had a pregnant girlfriend? Did you get a phone call or did he tell you? I can only imagine that conversation. Obviously you don't need me to say you are better off without him.....

Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
I have a long line of family members who would to this day pounce on him if given opportunity....

But the best revenge is a life well lived. Thats the advice that got me through!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
OK I have to know. How did you find out ON your honeymoon that he had a pregnant girlfriend? Did you get a phone call or did he tell you? I can only imagine that conversation. Obviously you don't need me to say you are better off without him.....
While I was in Aruba on our honeymoon.... "the other woman" ran into a friend of his, and introduced herself. The friend became confused and said "how could you be Erik's girlfriend? Erik just got married and is on his honeymoon? I was just at the wedding last weekend?" Girlfriend thought he was on a *business trip*... so she went home and googled his name. By doing that she pulled up our wedding registry. Using that, she tracked down my parents, and gave them a call.... they were crushed. She met with them, provided them with the ultrasound & medical records, cards, photos... more than enough "proof". She also got a hold of Erik because he had been calling her after I went to sleep using a calling card. She told him his gig was up. At that point he had our hotel phone & internet connection shut off, so my parents couldn't get in touch with me. This freaked my parents out IMMENSELY (it was all around the time of Natalie Holloway, mind you) so they ended up actually getting on a plane and flying down to Aruba to tell me themselves in person. They asked for the help of the Aruba police (who were GREAT) and they came and he really had no leg to stand on.
*Other woman* was mad, but I guess she got over it quickly. After I threw him out on his ass, she took him back. They had that baby, and from what I have hear another, and they live in Brooklyn now.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:17 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,618,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I agree. It's a tribute to Heather that she forged ahead through that time. That has to be one of the hardest events I've heard of in which to rise above. Absolutely devastating, if you are in her shoes. I am glad I've never had to walk in them.
I also agree with you.........She can at least hold her head high, he should find something better to do with his head <snicker>

Old 08-19-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Thank you so much for the sentiment... and yes, it was very hard for a long time... but still, I have met many amazing people who have overcome such far worse things, like paralysis or death of children..... THEY were people who inspired ME to forge ahead, and while I now enjoy a very happy & fulfilling life, knowing that everything that happened lead me to EXACTLY where I was meant to be, there are others who live with more permanent scars and heartache far worse than me.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,786,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
While I was in Aruba on our honeymoon.... "the other woman" ran into a friend of his, and introduced herself. The friend became confused and said "how could you be Erik's girlfriend? Erik just got married and is on his honeymoon? I was just at the wedding last weekend?" Girlfriend thought he was on a *business trip*... so she went home and googled his name. By doing that she pulled up our wedding registry. Using that, she tracked down my parents, and gave them a call.... they were crushed. She met with them, provided them with the ultrasound & medical records, cards, photos... more than enough "proof". She also got a hold of Erik because he had been calling her after I went to sleep using a calling card. She told him his gig was up. At that point he had our hotel phone & internet connection shut off, so my parents couldn't get in touch with me. This freaked my parents out IMMENSELY (it was all around the time of Natalie Holloway, mind you) so they ended up actually getting on a plane and flying down to Aruba to tell me themselves in person. They asked for the help of the Aruba police (who were GREAT) and they came and he really had no leg to stand on.
*Other woman* was mad, but I guess she got over it quickly. After I threw him out on his ass, she took him back. They had that baby, and from what I have hear another, and they live in Brooklyn now.
OMG, that's the kind of "unbelievable" stuff that bad movies are made out of. What a sleaze. Thank god you found out before you were married very long. And your poor parents. . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey